Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Little haulers

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Little haulers

Postby Ron Evers » Nov 30, 2008 10:54 am

We were going out for a walk yesterday & I asked the grandsons to haul a branch the snow broke out of a tree down to the brush pile. The tree it came out of was planted by their dad in 1973. He had pulled it from the ground @ our old house & planted it on our newly purchased property.

29-01.JPG

The brush pile is in sight.

29-02.JPG
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Re: Little haulers

Postby earwig » Nov 30, 2008 3:58 pm

I will be glad when my granddaughters get old enough to help with those type of chores.
That brush pile is quite the size and neat!
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Ron Evers » Nov 30, 2008 4:19 pm

earwig wrote:That brush pile is quite the size and neat!

You are looking at the narrow end of it Betty, it is about 5 times as long as it is wide. Tis a great refuge for wildlife.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby earwig » Nov 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Tis a great refuge for wildlife.

It certainly would be. I have several different ones for wildlife but none that size. Of course I don't have the trees you do but now I am thinking I should just keep piling on the same ones rather than making a new pile each year.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Eeyore » Dec 01, 2008 12:56 am

What's the other name for those piles Ron? The boys look like that isn't too much of a strain for them. You might have to find some tougher chores for them soon! :wink:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Return to Over the Garden Fence