Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Busy weekend

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Busy weekend

Postby Eeyore » Dec 01, 2008 12:02 pm

As some of you know, my son and his GF were living in a basement suite that experienced a water leak from the suite above. Apparently it's not the first time this has been an issue, but this was a very substantial pipe break and they are lucky the ceiling in the bedroom didn't collapse on them. The drywall was like very wet crumbly sand. There is also a big mould issue and the water quality in the taps is questionable as they say there is sand coming in with the water. I'm not sure how that could happen unless there is a line collapse coming into the building.... GF also has some severe medical issues with asthma and other pulmonary issues. So on the weekend we got them moved out of there and into our basement. For the past few weeks we've been cleaning and painting down there so that they have their own space. They'll be with us for a few months until they get back on their feet and find some room-mates to share with.

On the fun side I did go out for dinner and see "A Christmas Carol" on Friday and "The Festival of Trees" yesterday. That was fun and I found a really nice Santa. I'll have to take a photo for Sheikea.

I got my living room cleaned up and got out all the decorations yesterday too. I discovered I needed to go and get some "snow" for my village and I need another table cover so I'll ahve to go to the fabric shop sometime today....

I'm exhausted but happy!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Re: Busy weekend

Postby Pansy » Dec 01, 2008 11:40 pm

Sounds like you have your hands full Lyn.Our kids are always kids to us....our DD married at 26....not a good

relationship...so we brought her back home.So glad you are helping them out,mold & the like are not good.

Good parents are always there,aren't they.Have fun with your village...I'll start mine this week also.
Pansy
Zone 5 B
Pansy

Postby Smitty » Dec 02, 2008 10:38 am

thanks ladies for confirming a good mom always helps her kids...no matter their age (kids I mean).
get razzed all the time for letting adult children and offspring move back in for a short while which turned into 3 years. wouldn't have missed being that close to my grandson for the world. when DD moved out we said it was ok for her to go but the BOY had to stay :-0.
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Eeyore » Dec 02, 2008 11:11 am

Thanks Pansy and Smitty. There was no way in good conscience (sp?) I could have told them to figure it out on their own. They are young and need a helping had getting their feet under them. Hopefully a nice clean environment and a bit of a hand up will get them started again.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Smitty » Dec 02, 2008 11:17 am

you are a good mom!!!!
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty

Postby Eeyore » Dec 02, 2008 11:29 am

Thanks Smitty! I try hard.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby Smitty » Dec 02, 2008 1:11 pm

wouldn't it be a great world if ALL mom's did
Smitty

Postby Eeyore » Dec 02, 2008 1:42 pm

Yup! It sure would be!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby Laura » Dec 02, 2008 1:53 pm

It is great when you are in a position to lend a hand and when your help is accepted. . . sometimes a little help makes a huge difference.
Laura

Postby Eeyore » Dec 02, 2008 1:54 pm

I believe that too Laura.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Next

Return to Over the Garden Fence