Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

For Laura...Christmas COLOURS!

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: For Laura...Christmas COLOURS!

Postby Grannygardener » Dec 04, 2008 2:55 pm

Love your bag and like Inge you've kindled an idea for Christmas next year.Now that we're going to stop using plastic bags, how fun to have our own Christmas bag for shopping. It'll be an early present for many on my list. Edie
I've spent most of my time in the garden,the rest I've wasted. Edie Zone4A, Ont.
Grannygardener

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 04, 2008 4:28 pm

Thank you all, and I'm glad you are inspired...I hope to see some pictures of your work next November when we are all looking for some colour in our lives!

I saw the original idea in a magazine, and dearly wished I had the fabrics they showed in the picture...they do sell this in kit form (I do not know the price/none given), called the "Sweet Noel Bag Kit" which is available exclusively at Fat Quarter Shop, http://www.FatQuarterShop.com

if you are interested. Because, cutting out the squares (mine are 5 inch squares) took me a long afternoon. I made mine from the same pattern I'd used for the black and white summer tote bag...which I like so much I have one to do in yellows for this coming summer. The style is perfect for my needs.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 05, 2008 7:56 am

Liz, what a great idea!....I do have SAD this year, and am going to make up something colorful like this (maybe not Christmasy but colorful nevertheless, for those sad days.....) It's a great excuse to go for a drive and visit my fav fabric shop in Brockville, an hour's drive from here.Thank you for sharing!
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence