Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

For Laura...Christmas COLOURS!

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

For Laura...Christmas COLOURS!

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 02, 2008 10:50 pm

[b]I cannot see how black fits in...all the ladies in little black dresses, all the boys in their formal black tuxedoes (doesn't EVERYONE dress like this always?) will get lost amongst the tree decorations.

What an awful colour for folks who have SAD or who are depressed at Christmas/in Winter...sure hope these folks don't go around complaining that it gets dark so early!

SO, Laura, to make your eyes sparkle with Christmas...here is the tote bag I just completed for myself. Every time I look at it, I feel good all over. Wishing YOU a Merry and Colourful Christmas! /b]
Attachments
Christmas tote.jpg
Christmas tote.jpg (83.17 KiB) Viewed 2216 times
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Re: For Laura...Christmas COLOURS!

Postby Laura » Dec 03, 2008 7:13 am

Ah Liz.this is more like it !!

I knew you'd know how to keep christmas.If anyone has the knack it's you because you keep it in your heart all year long . . bless you.
Laura

Postby jazz » Dec 03, 2008 8:13 am

Just beautiful Liz. Sure would like to see all the goodies going in that bag. Jazz
jazz

Postby Katherine » Dec 03, 2008 10:34 am

Thats just lovely. All those Christmas fabrics, were they remnants, or just collected over the years? Very nice.

kat
Katherine

Postby bluebird » Dec 03, 2008 11:02 am

What a cheery sight Lizzy! Your tote is that charming! (Glad you kept a square between the birdies and kitties; chuckle!)

It's dark and dreary enough at this time of the season...bright happy colours are just what we need. Chase away that depressing darkness...rah-rah!
bluebird

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 03, 2008 6:09 pm

Kata, everytime I come across a piece of Christmas material that really appeals to me, I buy some of it...so the materials shown represent a collection that goes back about 17 years. And some of the fabrics show up in other things I'm making too!

Hi BB...we spent several days completely fogged in here, all flights cancelled...however the fog is gone, there is one vivid orange calendula and one purpley-blue campanula blooming (along with the pink Cosmos) and I can see red holly berries on the bush/tree outside the window...there IS colour out there! Five splendid Stellers jays pose as well, much to my delight!

Jazz, I use it as a handbag, it has special pockets just for eyeglasses, etc. I can also put all the small bits of shopping in there (such as a very tiny white china mouse for D2) ...can also hold the shopping for supper, quite nicely!

Laura, I am glad the happy-colours bag appealed to you: I KNEW it would!
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 03, 2008 8:04 pm

Very clever, I love it! What a great idea. I sure find that lots of colour helps during the SAD season. ( well, besides the Wellbutrin....)
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby butterfly » Dec 04, 2008 12:05 am

This bag is Christmas colors and is very nice

Look nice Liz
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Eeyore » Dec 04, 2008 12:43 am

Very nice bag Liz! Did I send you my Christmas List? Hmmm? One of those would look very nice under my tree!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby OGrubber » Dec 04, 2008 9:52 am

Awesome, Mz Moosefoot!

You have inspired me, Liz!
It's too late [for me] for this year, but I'm thinking a bag like that would be perfect as the "basket" of home-made goodies that everyone receives from us for Christmas.... and I have over a year to work on them! laf!
Market Gardening - Just another day at the plant.
OGrubber

Next

Return to Over the Garden Fence