Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Snow shapes [image test]

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: Snow shapes [image test]

Postby bluebird » Dec 04, 2008 9:17 am

Ron there isn't a right or wrong when it comes to white balance when one is trying for photo as art. Snow changes it's hue easily. I am facing different directions in the photos and therefore the snow will pick up local colour in a different way. As we know, snow is white and that is the "more accurate" colour, however I think that would take away what I believe is the beauty of snow.

The white balance temperature is 5495K in Snow Shapes lll and 5000K in Show Shapes ll. ( I've just relocated these images on my website so they may no longer link to this post. They are now in the Landscape Gallery.)
bluebird

Postby bluebird » Dec 04, 2008 9:19 am

LoL Laura....Snow MugWumps maybe? :lol:
bluebird

Postby ourderek » Dec 04, 2008 9:39 am

BB said....... I've just relocated these images on my website so they may no longer link to this post. They are now in the Landscape Gallery.)
So that is why I have a big padlock. Ourderek.
"Never before in the field of human conflict....
...have lawyers been so darned expensive"
ourderek

Postby bluebird » Dec 04, 2008 9:42 am

laf Ourderek....I guess they are still tethered. :lol:
bluebird

Postby OGrubber » Dec 04, 2008 11:00 am

I was just going to point out that I see no images, only white boxes with padlocks, but Derek beat me to it. laf!
Market Gardening - Just another day at the plant.
OGrubber

Postby bluebird » Dec 04, 2008 11:11 am

Soweee about that Inge. The post was dropping off the bottom this AM after a short stay and test was complete so I went ahead and relocated my pics..then some more posts were added. Oh-oh...by me responding this will send it back up to the top again. whoops.

Time to let this one drop off the bottom-lol. Images can be seen here http://cle4toimages.zenfolio.com/p824204591 but that might be a concern for your bandwidth problems Inge.

Description: Little snow puff covered rocks in shallow water. No big deal. :lol:
bluebird

Postby Katherine » Dec 04, 2008 12:07 pm

Carol, I ...just noticed others are griping about the padlock.... sorry. Big long edit here. Edited AGAIN to say....oh website, righteo. (blame it on my pinkeye. :oops:

Kat
Last edited by Katherine on Dec 04, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katherine

Postby kelly_m » Dec 04, 2008 12:11 pm

Kat...click on the link BB provided...

I still see the pics though.... :?
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Katherine » Dec 04, 2008 12:23 pm

Ahem. Yes. DID go to the link, thanks Kel. And I think they are lovely and cold, like icecream on a sore throat. I especially like the little black squirrel sneaking in. Carol is right about whites, of course. They are darned hard to get right in a photograph without blowing them out. This is an area where some skill is involved, as is evidenced from these photographs.

k
Katherine

Postby Eeyore » Dec 04, 2008 12:38 pm

I see 2 photos and one big lock this morning.... Odd.....
Love these photos though and can't agree more about whites being hard to photograph..... of course in my case, just about anything at an extreme end of the colour spectrum is hard to photograph.... :oops: :oops:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Garden Fence