Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

So the fool - -

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: So the fool - -

Postby butterfly » Dec 04, 2008 9:07 am

Ron Evers wrote:TB
Waiting for Justin T...

OMG NO, his father with his ego, did enough damage to Canada already.

Well Said,

and pray not a Trudeau ever and I think Justin is smart enouggh not to go near it after his Father nearly distoyed Canada . JUstin's good reputation now would be distroyed as a politican

Enough was done with Pierre which were not good things

BF
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 04, 2008 9:19 am

So you like secretive politicians? doing everything behind closed doors, who are not 'team players'? egads....save this land.

ok, maybe not Justin, although we cannot yet say if he will be just like his father. I am not like my parents, politically, religiously or in many other ways. I just think he seems intelligent and open, two qualities I most admire in a leader.
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby Countryboy » Dec 04, 2008 9:39 am

We're finally proving now, thru this exercise, how deeply polarized Canada is becoming. The old Canadian work ethic of pulling yrself up with yr own bootstraps, looking after yr friends and family and doing the best u can *basically the Conservative beliefs* has come into conflict with another view.

Living here close to Toronto, with it's large immigrant community and the fact that large population centres tend to be more 'sociallized' than their rural cousins, we see a slightly different view. That opinion basically states that no one will be left behind, all will be accomodated and given a helping hand . . . at whatever cost.

Two things annoy me abt this 'crisis'. One is the constant stream of 'bla-blah, bla-blah, bla-blah' coming from every news source u can name. How many times do we wanna hear this?!!!

The other is that the CBC seems to have turned from reporting the news to creating the news. There are a few of their reporters who are inclined to give us the facts . . and nothing but the facts. Recently tho too many of their on-air personalities are letting their own opinions influence the direction that an interview may take.

Don Newman has almost single-handedly created the idea that labelling the Bloc as separatist is 'Quebec bashing'. Now all the 'coalition' partners are singing this chorus. I don't see it that way.

Frank . . ON5a
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby ourderek » Dec 04, 2008 9:49 am

:roll: If Guy Fawkes was alive, I would vote for him. He had the right idea.
Ourderek.
"Never before in the field of human conflict....
...have lawyers been so darned expensive"
ourderek

Postby butterfly » Dec 04, 2008 10:03 am

PCs secetive about what??

I finf they put things on the table just find

Like I said what strarted all this was the PM cutting back on expenses for himseld and MPs

What I called a sneak of that silly old Broadbent and Chetien behind the scense when it wasn't there business.

We can chat or argue all day about this and not one of us seeing he proper point and veery few people in Canada understand what brought all this on but they wisll continue to speal their opinions just the same and not have a clue what they are talking about other than what is reported by those who strike their own opinions right or wrong
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Eeyore » Dec 04, 2008 10:13 am

Everyone has their own opinions of what makes a good leader and who they like and don't like. Personally I don't like Steven Harper one little bit. I think he's sneaky, secretive, manipualtive and the most smarmy individual I've ever set eyes upon. However I don't particularily care for any of the other leaders either and I really don't care for this coup. As for the Bloc, I don't even know how they can be considered a federal party???? It will be interesting to see what Jean does.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby jazz » Dec 04, 2008 10:21 am

Im with yu Lyn. Steve is one sneaky b........Jazz
jazz

Postby kelly_m » Dec 04, 2008 10:23 am

Perhaps Harper is smarmy, underhanded, secretive, possible dictatorial...but the country DID vote for him. What the "coalition" wishes to do is ban together to say they have more votes therefore they get to rule.

Not much of a democracy if politicians can change the rules to decide who is in power.

I just hope that Jean sees the lack of democracy in this process and do what is right.

Either way, I think it will mean another election.

And, yea...I saw plenty of interviews from hardcore Libs who will switch to Tory if this happens.

K
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 04, 2008 10:25 am

Lyn
It will be interesting to see what Jean does.

Yes, very interesting indeed what the former separatist will do.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby kelly_m » Dec 04, 2008 10:31 am

Yes...you are right there....former separatist representative of the Queen.....
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Garden Fence