Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

That scented candle ad....

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: That scented candle ad....

Postby MareE » Dec 08, 2008 4:00 pm

So, I can now turn down the volume, eloquent cursors BF and Jazz? laffs Inge and Cars, I know you always hear the sleigh bells jingling. You have MUSH!! doggers to festoon.

Wouldn't you know it? Just sent a reply to Witty Smitty and it went POOF!©laura [even tho' the word exists so can't Fictionarize]. I discussed the questionable expiry date of magic 'shrooms grown in the attic and the presence of a Benjamin Moore paint pop-up. Oddly not, in the Contest (that Betty won YAY!YAY!YAY!) there were a lot of references to BM paint chips. What the hay, I've subscribed to CG mag for over a decade so will grudgingly join the band wagon and mebbe have to get this Firefox block.

Mare;o} waving white thermies in surrender
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby kelly_m » Dec 08, 2008 4:03 pm

You do know why you hear them belss doncha????

Because of your garden...you know

Mary, Mary quite contrary
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells.........

Not that you've ever been contrary or anything....
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby MareE » Dec 08, 2008 4:12 pm

Egads and little fishes. AHEM! "With FAIRY bells and cockle shells and one big...ummm GARGANTUAN onion!!" if you please, K.

MareE;o} aka Madame Zurloft who KNEW you were gonna say that!

~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby angus » Dec 08, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi everyone. Thanks for providing feedback about the ad. We have forwarded this thread and your comments to our advertising department, and they are currently dealing with it.

We cannot stop you from installing an ad-blocking plugin, but please keep in mind that the website's only means of paying its bills is through advertising. When you block the ads, it does hurt the site, especially considering the tough economic times we're approaching.

So, if you want to install an ad-blocker plugin, fine. But we'd like to ask that you please do not publicly recommend and promote the use of such plugins as in the long run, it will be detrimental to the site and community. If you have any issues with specific ads, please bring them to our attention, and we will deal with it immediately.

Thanks! :)
angus

Postby Katherine » Dec 08, 2008 4:37 pm

Edited by author.... answer to question provided elsewhere. Thnx

ke
Last edited by Katherine on Dec 08, 2008 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katherine

Postby butterfly » Dec 08, 2008 5:37 pm

I am having problems loggin in

can't get out of my yard so now will not get paid

I have to put my sales on the bus by 8 PM to go to Halifax to my boss to isgn then couiered to TO I am 25 min from the bus and too dangerous driving

Now cannot get out ice, more ice and more ice and snow and more coming

so no paycheue before Christmas day they way their processing days are ARG!!!!!!

Wish I could draw ,it would be me pullin hair out
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Eeyore » Dec 08, 2008 5:50 pm

Kat - you SHOULD be able to login using the e-mail addy and password you've been using all along. I've been locked out twice today already as it appears that work is being done in the background and it's playing havoc with logins. Try again and if it doesn't work use the "Contact Us" above and specify "Technical Difficulties" and William will get the message.

Angus - The ads in general aren't a dig issue and usually aren't bothersome but the ones that pop up right in the middle of the page and prevent you from doing anything for several seconds are a PITA! Especially during a "heavy up" when they can occur several times during a login session. Perhaps moving them so they cover the CG banner at the top rather than the forum index would be a solution?
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 09, 2008 10:45 am

Well that scented candle is now gone from my screen - HALLELUJAH! and thanks to whomever removed it. Other ads I don't mind.
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence