Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

It is so heavy

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: It is so heavy

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 09, 2008 4:10 pm

If you like inhaling, bf, here's another suggestion. Yoga.....esp breathwork. There are classes here of all sorts, and some include chanting with the breathing......long Ooooooom's, with deep intakes of breath. After awhile, one wonders how I never noticed how very delicious it is to just breathe, especially in the outdoors (if it's not too cold).

When I became aware of it, I began noticing other peoples' breathing patterns when talking. It seems that many people don't stop for a breath between sentences! and you can tell a lot about a person's moods from the way they are breathing when talking to you. You can try matching each of your breaths to theirs (discreetly of course) and see what you learn. It's fascinating.

Good luck to you, whatever you choose.
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby butterfly » Dec 09, 2008 4:45 pm

I took yoga and Ti chi many years ago but I cannot move my body any more into positions or even get on the floor

but the breathing, I didn't think of that yes I will do it

thanks for the reminders
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby evepet » Dec 09, 2008 9:20 pm

An interesting thread. :) I've never smoked but certainly second everyone who is encouraging you to stick to your guns this time BF. Those pictures are beautiful, but you folks sure do have a lot of snow. We've had considerable snowfall lately in Ontario where I live too, but it doesn't seem as much as you have. Please be careful when you're shovelling, driving, etc. I know your health isn't that good, and I can't help being concerned about you trying to cope with all that heavy snow.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.' W.C. Fields
evepet

Postby butterfly » Dec 09, 2008 9:27 pm

I have very good studded winter tires and all wheel drive

I could never do my job without them as I can find myself in some people's yards they never clean or look after

and if I could convince them to clean of their steps too. life would be easier

I heard NS it will be law to have winter tires here next year too

thank God, my baby daughter and a lot of people think all season i good enough

Not so in our climate anywhere as far as I am concerned not even Van Island

My sister freaked last year when they had 10 cm of snow on Van Island and she got a motel for the nite and would not drive home. She was terrified to drive in it
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence