Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Have you ever Googled yourself?

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: Have you ever Googled yourself?

Postby kelly_m » Dec 11, 2008 10:38 am

So far....I am a Real Estate Agent, a researcher, kinesiology student, VP of L'Oreal, a Lawyer, a Mental Helath Clincian and a Skater. So far one right, only I'm not 9 years old!!!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Eeyore » Dec 11, 2008 10:54 am

I'm the only person in the world with my (married) last name and I pop up with letters to our local paper and references to some Education Forums I've been involved in and some references to a Parents Council I was on.
I've also popped up on this forum....
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Smitty » Dec 11, 2008 11:00 am

Lyn when I was searching for winnpegy for us the only hits I got to begin with were threads when you first mentioned it here. later there were more hits..like you'd woken a sleeping giant :)
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Eeyore » Dec 11, 2008 11:04 am

If I recall correctly, and Skwij could confirm this, that's the way search engines work. The more times you hit a page, the higher up the list it moves.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Smitty » Dec 11, 2008 11:19 am

makes sense
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty

Postby bluebird » Dec 11, 2008 11:19 am

I only come up in two "top ten" hits that are me, using only my name, but if I add birds/nature/photography then it increases to seven. The top hit was an immigration lawyer, but that's not me-laf!

I actually "met" another Carol Edwards who is a avid birder and bird photographer who lives in Texas. We've been mistaken for each other in the past and received emails meant for the other (which we now forward to each other), which is why I always try to include my middle initial now. Birds & Blooms sometimes remembers to include my middle initial, sometimes they don't and she has received congrats on my published photos from her friends and relatives (which she kindly corrects and passes on to me.) I have relatives in Texas on my father's side and we thought it would be funny if we were actually related-lol.

I once received a nice email from another Carol L. Edwards who was googling her name and came up with my website. She sent me a note saying she didn't know she was a nature photographer-lol.
bluebird

Postby Smitty » Dec 11, 2008 11:27 am

had to go and check it out :)
first hit was my Facebook but it was in french...not so good with that language. after that nothing that was me... IMHO that's a good thing
Smitty

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence