Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Greetings from sunny Costa Rica.

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: Greetings from sunny Costa Rica.

Postby Marsher » Dec 12, 2008 7:31 pm

We spent an afternoon in the hot springs there and had supper there as well... beautiful place... would definately like to spend a couple of nights in the resort
Located Brantford Ontario Zone 5 B
Marsher

Postby Marsher » Dec 12, 2008 7:41 pm

Here is a pic from a very nice garden which was beside wehere we stopped for lunch on the way to Arenal ( I do not remember the name of the spot)....

I would like to spend a couple of days at the hotel at Arenal as well...

Located Brantford Ontario Zone 5 B
Marsher

Postby kelly_m » Dec 12, 2008 9:19 pm

Welcome Richard...It is a great place to be.....although CR is probably much warmer!

We try to keep things casual around here, although you can find some great gardening info as well.

We do not, however, solicit. We do sometimes recommend if it helps some one out.

Enjoy our site!

K
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Eeyore » Dec 12, 2008 10:27 pm

Richard, welcome! I was in CR about a year ago. I have an Aunt and cousin in Heredia that teach at the European School. It was not the best of seasons and a bit rainy but it was great. We visited Manuel Antonio (unfortunately not the park), Arenal area and San Jose while I was there. Beautiful country and I loved it! They do have their problems though don't they? I am hoping to talk DH into a visit soon.
We had hoped to visit Puerto Limon area but with an outbreak on dengue fever and the weather we didn't get there....

I hope to see photos from your CR gardens! Which part of CR are you in?
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence