Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Snowlace

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: Snowlace

Postby Pansy » Dec 13, 2008 10:56 pm

Your pictures are beautiful BB...it doesn't make me like winter...

but they sure are great pictures.
Pansy
Zone 5 B
Pansy

Postby testing » Dec 14, 2008 5:09 am

What lovely scenes BB,I love the reflection of the light on the water. You show the beauty of snow so well.
Betty, who is user earwig, but that account is not being cooperative.
testing

Postby OGrubber » Dec 14, 2008 8:05 am

Beautiful captures, Carol.
Have to admit, the knee-jerk reaction on first viewing was;
"BRRRR! Missus! " laf!
Market Gardening - Just another day at the plant.
OGrubber

Postby bluebird » Dec 14, 2008 12:18 pm

Thanks so much everyone! Now I owe you all a big mug of hot chocolate to warm you up! (with or without marshmallows!) :D
bluebird

Postby Smitty » Dec 14, 2008 8:34 pm

thought I could smell something good.............luv hot chocolate!
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Sheikea » Dec 15, 2008 10:21 am

Beautiful.They would make good Christmas cards. :D
Sheikea

Postby bluebird » Dec 15, 2008 10:26 am

Thanks Sheikea...I think that will be their destination one day hopefully.

Have another cuppa 'choklit Smitty! :D
bluebird

Postby Laura » Dec 15, 2008 1:22 pm

Loverly scenic walkies . . and hot chocolate after . . . what more could you want ?

BB, how is your hubby ? I've been wondering. . . if I am being too nosy just tell me.
Laura

Postby bluebird » Dec 15, 2008 2:05 pm

Thanks Laura...I know you always a enjoy a good walkies too! That day was quite a challenge as we were crawling under and over cedars bent right over from the weight of the sticky snow.

Eric is doing really well considering, and of course you're not nosy! That's so kind of you to ask after him. He's in very good spirits and has taken the situation as a way to point him in a new direction. We enjoy every day in whatever moment we happen to be in and don't stress out over the details that life throws at you. I think we laugh together more than we ever have...it is, as they say one of the best medicines!

While he can't do some of the things he used to enjoy doing, he has taken up some new interests and one of them is cooking and baking..and that is GREAT! A few of our friends get together for monthly gourmet dinners at each others homes and we are going to join the group. Should be lots of fun! He is also doing some writing which he never had time for before. We are also having fun planning our gardens and landscaping.

So, while our plans are changed a bit, we are not worrying about that and just enjoying life together and the rest will just eventually sort itself out. Instead of a store, I'll likely have a gallery/studio built onto the house.
bluebird

Postby Laura » Dec 15, 2008 2:27 pm

So glad to hear you are both well.I just love that Eric is cooking,and baking,it really is an enjoyable thing to create something tasty for someone you love.I know he will find great reward in writing,it is a wonderful outlet.

I think that you will love having a gallery/studio right there at home. . . it is a more layed back atmosphere.

I am glad you are enjoying the new digs and will look forward to more pictures.
Laura

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Garden Fence