Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Supper & more at BBQs!

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Supper & more at BBQs!

Postby B_BQ » Dec 15, 2008 8:06 pm

The 'bread thread' took on a life of its own, and so much great information has been posted.
I was inspired, and made Ciabatta bread from scratch. I don't have a bread machine, but did use the handy dandy mixer!

It really was easy. I followed the recipe to the letter, so that I could use it as a base for the future. It was absolutely delicious - I would put a tad more kosher salt in it next time, and there will be a next time!

We had to try it, before it went stale, (which it will do in a day), so I made up a plate of EVOO, Balsamic Vinegar, and a good pinch of Kosher salt, as a starter:

I cleared some of the fridge today, and came up with a quiche, with cheese, shallots, green onions, and a bit of cream. It turned out well. Very tasty!

~BBQ

Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Re: Supper & more at BBQs!

Postby Venice » Dec 15, 2008 8:23 pm

Ohhh that looks amazing!!! I love bread dipped in oil & vinegar, soooo yummy.

ohhh you know I should post this awesome dipping sauce recipe I have. There are several restaurants in the USA called Roy's, well in Hawaii at one of their restaurants they had this dipping sauce that was sooo good, but we couldn't figure out what was in it at all. I've been to several of their other restaurants and none of them have this or have even heard of it. So I emailed the company and asked about it, and she contacted the head chef at the one restaurant and they emailed me the recipe. I'll have to try and find it, it's used with mainly roasted veggies. and you'll have to reduce the portions it serves like 50. hehe.

Ven
Venice

Re: Supper & more at BBQs!

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 15, 2008 8:25 pm

Glad the bread worked out Brenda.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Return to Over the Garden Fence