Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

A birthday, then a wedding, then Christmas....

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

A birthday, then a wedding, then Christmas....

Postby Katherine » Dec 17, 2008 10:01 am

Then, New Years, then ANOTHER birthday! First GRANDCHILD! And I have not done a darn thing to this house or bought a single present. Except for the new laptop ordered for the Bruce. Been up to my eyeballs, and driving all over hells half acre...fetching SIL and attending meetings. Yikes!! I just realized this morning how crazy this whole thing is.

We managed to get the only marriage commissioner in this area to come this Friday, but tomorrow is Bruce's 49th birthday, and ofcourse its Christmas. I have a bunch of work due to be turned into the people who I work for, aka clients.

AND a new BABY in early January. So the house is filled with piles of new baby things, but no tree yet. Niece is sending crib, bassinette, sister in law is knitting, friends are helping, housekeepers; the usual and two friends coming to hang the Christmas lights, find the wreath, put up the tree, AND hang some wedding decs as the wedding is taking place HERE, they will order cake from safeway, etc etc.

Its usually nuts here at this time because of Bruces birthday, Christmas and the usual deadlines, but this is rediculous!!

Wish me luck, its going to be a wild time here for the next few days.

Kat
Katherine

Re: A birthday, then a wedding, then Christmas....

Postby kelly_m » Dec 17, 2008 10:24 am

Geez....and I thought things were nuts around here (Birthday last Friday, sons today, Christmas, skating Competition, Hockey Games, Birthday party Monday) But...well you take the cake.

I'll concede your life is much more nutsoid than mine!! :lol:

Good luck.

:wink:
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Katherine » Dec 17, 2008 10:36 am

Well lets just say we share the pain. I think yours sounds very hectic and just as bad actually. The difference is you are trying to do it all on your own, and I have a lot of help so I think you are way worse off than me. Its just nuts. Nutzoid, as you put it.

Making a list of all the crap that has to get done by the end of today right now.

kat
Katherine

Postby kelly_m » Dec 17, 2008 10:42 am

Lists are good...they either remind just how much you have to do, in how little time, or they make you feel good every time you cross something off...I'd like to use the second option! :lol:

I'm glad you have help...it will make things easier.
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby Katherine » Dec 17, 2008 10:48 am

Thanks Kelly, I hope you get your daughter to pitch in a little. She sounds like she is a good kid, on the main. Your boys are not tied to a piano either. And yer mom. She could help as well. Tell them its called CONDITIONAL love, lol!

Getting up early, and making lists. Thats my solution. And getting everyone to help. Ha ha.

kat
Katherine

Postby kelly_m » Dec 17, 2008 10:54 am

DD is already a big help...old enough to babysit...

Unfortunately 2 outa the three have inherited my dislike for housework!!LOL
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby Katherine » Dec 17, 2008 11:10 am

Well, maybe they will marry someone who is good at it. Just called the plumber, as tops is the fact that the tub is not draining properly and there is a widening crack in the living room ceiling. Which appears to be dripping. Why do plumbing issues come up during wedding/birthdays/Christmas? We dont want the tub coming through the ceiling onto the wedding party in the living room on Friday. So Wayne and his daughter / business partner from Hercules Plumbing are arriving in the middle of decking the halls this morning.

Egad!

kat
Katherine

Postby Grannygardener » Dec 17, 2008 11:15 am

OOOH Kat., I don't envy you one bit.My husband used to say, "have a snort of something powerful and cross a few things off the list." Don't think that will work for you though, you have to be able to keep it all together. Good Luck and thank Dog for extra help. Edie
I've spent most of my time in the garden,the rest I've wasted. Edie Zone4A, Ont.
Grannygardener

Postby Katherine » Dec 17, 2008 11:25 am

Thanks Edie, its actually simply hilarious, and we are just over come with the redulousness of the whole thing. Falling about laughing, because really what else can you do? My husband can never be convinced to put up Christmas lights until AFTER his birthday on the 18th, or the tree, or anything like that, he is SUCH a grinch, so that is what has put us in this pickle. Of course we ALL blame him.
Katherine

Postby Eeyore » Dec 17, 2008 11:25 am

And here I am looking at the pile of work on my desk..... :shock: I'm not even in the same league as you and Kelly. :o I'll bet you'll be ready to collapse by about Saturday morning Kat.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Next

Return to Over the Garden Fence