Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

A birthday, then a wedding, then Christmas....

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: A birthday, then a wedding, then Christmas....

Postby Katherine » Dec 17, 2008 11:38 am

This is too funny. I just caught Bruce surfing the cheap ticket sites for St. Lucia, Caymans etc. 140 bucks from Calgary to Orlando, then 100 to Caymans. He is plotting his ESCAPE as we speak!

kat
Katherine

Postby kelly_m » Dec 17, 2008 11:43 am

LOL!!!

Then we'll have to get ya to Hawaii!!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby jazz » Dec 17, 2008 11:50 am

Well ladies its the opposite here. Everything is done. Wrapped etc.

I am so so ready but dil has not yet delivered. Tonite have my hair done and tomorrow appt with my doc. dear dil is so so over it.

If I get nervous feel it in my muscels so yah i dont feel so hot.I dont dare call her.

Jazz
jazz

Postby Katherine » Dec 17, 2008 11:52 am

Well for for hecks sake Jazz hope on a plane and get over here, we need help!

Seriously, well done, and I am glad someone has time to spare.

I have to make sure my bank accounts are frozen, meanwhile, because my understanding is this is a ONEWAY TICKET (note singular) Bruce is buying.

kat
Katherine

Postby jazz » Dec 17, 2008 11:59 am

Can I go with Bruce. Then I wouldnt ache so much. Ill pay my way and make sure he comes back.

I buy everything end of oct. Husband works in retail so yu know just to get him to go shopping is a major undertaking.

I bought all the layette that dil would need. pjs bibs blankies etc in maine this summer. Sorry cant go help yu. I am going to be a grannie for the 3rd time. But heat in a warm place would do me so so good.

jazz
jazz

Postby Katherine » Dec 17, 2008 12:05 pm

Well I think he has in mind a change of identity. So perhaps you can teach him some French. But you had better be prepared to take photographs and go scuba diving.
Katherine

Postby testing » Dec 17, 2008 12:13 pm

Why thank you Katherine and Kelly for making me feel my life is so together.

I just went out this morning before the snow started to cut myself a little Christmas tree and to start decorating, I still have shopping to do, have not started wrapping, and I did buy stamps for Christmas cards yesterday but forgot the cards.

So I was thinking I better get my act in gear but really, not much to do compared to your hectic lives.

It will all come together and before you know it, you will be wondering why you worried..
Betty, who is user earwig, but that account is not being cooperative.
testing

Postby jazz » Dec 17, 2008 12:15 pm

Ok pics I can do. But scubadiving hummm with my bum leg. but hey im willing try anything once. ive been married to same guy 33 yrs.

But if bruce is patient with me maybe i will try it lol. But Bruce may regret his choice of travelling friends and decide to stay home. The lady is a bit slow in the walking dept. ill stick to sunbathing the body in the sun. sure i will teach him french. Bon Bruce, tu reste chez vous et tu aides ta belle femme qui travaille beaucoup.. jazz
jazz

Postby B_BQ » Dec 17, 2008 12:23 pm

And here I was thinking I was the only one up to my armpits! :roll:
But my DH is busy too, trying to juggle the constant telephone calls, seeing and assessing clients, the dictation of massive reports, looking at video surveillances, etc. He's also responsible for keeping the driveway clear, so after the snowfall last night he had to get the snow clearing done this morning!

I'm on top of all the report typing, and, fortunately, also on top of gift buying. I've been doing a lot over the net, and have diligently wrapped each one as they have arrived! Still a couple to get though!

The Christmas tree is up, but I've done very little in the way of house decorations this year! My Tortiere are made, as are the mince pies. Still the sherry trifle to make in the next week, and, of course, the dreaded grocery shopping!

But, I digress! Kat, it sounds both frantic and hilarious at the same time. I do hope everything comes together, that the plumbing is fixed easily, and that the wedding, Christmas, and BIRTH day all bring joy and happiness to you all.

Edited to add: Happy Birthday to Bruce too, who finds himself squeezed between a rock and a hard place!

~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Katherine » Dec 17, 2008 12:35 pm

Thanks, B. Please send tortiere and possibly also any helpful video surveillance.

Zut! Il n'est pas beaucoup d'aide me croient. Cependant, je lui dirai ce que vous avez dit.

Also, Jazz....you can dive if I can dive, sugar. I have had a hip replacment and I am on the next one soon.

NOW I must go to Safeway to order the cake(s) before the plumber shows up.

kat
Katherine

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Garden Fence