Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

A birthday, then a wedding, then Christmas....

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: A birthday, then a wedding, then Christmas....

Postby Laura » Dec 17, 2008 12:51 pm

Well Kat..sounds like you are in one of those christmas comedy movies where everything that can go wrong does.Good to see you have humor about it.I am sure it will all work out and you will all have great memories to laugh about later on.

Kelly,I can relate to you for sure,I had a few christmas's when I had to do everything myself and the job did seem mountainous at times.That is when I started shopping in august . . Laff.On christmas day when you are sitting on the floor with wrapping paper everywhere and the kids all busy enjoying thier treasures . . that will be your reward. . thier happiness.
Laura

Postby butterfly » Dec 17, 2008 1:00 pm

I wish you lot of help ther Kat. I know how it is.

I had 3 childrens concerts to go to. I enjoyed them and Red Hatters and staff dinners which no time to go to

I am up at 5 am and worked last nite til 11:30 before I got home and rwady to drop

I work late the next 3 nites and Chrsitmas stuff all over the floor no time to finish an company coming Sat and I am singing in a play Sat nite

My little butterfly tree is up and half decorated and the big one for the living room is still in the basement and no baking done or wrapping finished

A friends hubby is dieing could be any time and I promised her I would help her over her holidays and a dinner at Anne Murrays mother's home on the 28th. Then it is New years which I have company coming.

Back to work on Jan 2nd. just as tired as ever

I need a holiday too

I would love to turn myself into 3 people this time of year Chrisrmas sneaks up too fast
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby kelly_m » Dec 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Katherine wrote:NOW I must go to Safeway to order the cake(s) before the plumber shows up. kat

HA! I have to bake a damn cake!!

K
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby DonnaZn2SK » Dec 17, 2008 1:51 pm

Katherine,

I wish you luck getting all those tasks completed! You are a mother, so I know you are a great multi-tasker.

I am SO behind this year, it's not even funny. The tree isn't up (yet), the outside Christmas lights were started by DH (but not finished), no baking done, and a few more gifts to buy. For some odd reason, I'm not in a panic about it all.

BTW, your thread title sounds like the makings of a great movie!
DonnaZn2SK

Postby Katherine » Dec 17, 2008 4:34 pm

Update:

Plumber and daughter /plumberette have come and gone. Tub fixed, water leak sealed. Ceiling judged to be safe

SIL reminds me he is practicing Muslim and ORDAINED minister (do they get ordained? Or is it a proclamation or a fatwa or what?), therefore Xmas decs can be forgotten as husband also hates decorating, similar to Donna's, obvi.

Plumber recommends smashing fireplace to replace the hideous Riondelle Rock Heritage FP with a nifty little gas unit. Considering this for Xmas Day.

Gas fireplance unit in kitchen judged NOT to be on recall list from manufacturer. Mantle for that would have to be smashed up too. Perhaps will leave this off the list with the xmas decs.

Wedding cake on order. Features a dark layer and a white layer, as daughter and SIL are a mixed race couple, Aaron and Hilary, True Love, December 2008.

Edits to documents completed.

Have bought the wrapping paper. No presents as yet, though. Hmmm. This muslim thing. Perhaps is useful.

No ham for Christmas this year. Alcohol is ok, though apparently. HOW ordained is THAT?

kat
Katherine

Postby kelly_m » Dec 17, 2008 4:42 pm

Well...lookee all the things you can stroke off your list!!!LOL

And alcohol allowed....good thing!!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 17, 2008 5:15 pm

Oh Kat! Is it okay if I laugh?

Well one thing, at least when it is over, it will all be over, except that dash to the hospital!

I wish all of you the very very best...and most especially lots of laughter and love.

Lizzy, snowed IN and loving it.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Eeyore » Dec 17, 2008 6:17 pm

Kat, it's all sounding good and like it's coming together. No decorations or gifts for Christmas? You can scratch a couple of other things off your list then.

I like the idea of a gas fireplace. I'd like to get rid of the hideous wood burner we have....

Liz - Snowed in! :shock: It couldn't happen to a better person. I'm just glad it isn't Kat that's snowed in, she'd really be in a tizzy then.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 17, 2008 7:49 pm

Kelly wrote:
Katherine wrote:NOW I must go to Safeway to order the cake(s) before the plumber shows up. kat

HA! I have to bake a damn cake!!

K

Bought cakes are very expensive but we buy them. Yousee, if Jeanne bakes one you cannot talk for half an hour after eating it for fear of blowing crumbs. She only has problems with cakes.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby kelly_m » Dec 17, 2008 7:55 pm

LOL!! I don't have that problem...neither does DD. Now we compete to see who bakes a better chocolate Fudge cake!!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Garden Fence