Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

8 More days

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: 8 More days

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 17, 2008 3:11 pm

Laura, I do a bit of Indian cooking (Love it!) and use jars of Patak's curry sauces....they cost $3.99 each here, and it can add up if you want a variety. They might make nice additions to your basket for them, and Patak's is loved and respected by several east Indian people I know.

Spices to use in a curry are: cumin, coriander, ginger (fresh and dried), garam masala, fenugreek. cinnamon too. A nice piece of galangal root might be a treat, if you can find it. I ground some up and keep it as a dry powder. I used it the other day when I had no ginger, and it tasted great.

My favorite curry book is a paperback entitled: The Classic 1000 Indian Recipes, ed by Wendy Hobson.

What sort of recipes would you like? I can type some up for you.
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby Venice » Dec 17, 2008 3:42 pm

PC has a line of Indian Spices in the cute lil jars. A nice lil cookbook would be a great addition to the basket as well. They also have instant/premade sides you can get the grocery store. I like to have a few on hand. If I make a main dish from scratch of have some leftovers it's nice to have a quick side. You can just toss the bag in boiling water or the microwave. We like Mutter Paneer about the best. The Spinach ones are good as is Aloo Mutter. Good luck.

I think I'm pretty much done except I still have some xmas cards to mail I'm SOOOO BAD this year. Usually I have them out end of Nov. Oh well.

Ven
Venice

Postby Sheikea » Dec 17, 2008 5:54 pm

WOW!!Did that start a buzz of activity or what..LOL.You are all so busy.Cooking,shopping and so on.My husband is out shopping as we speak and says to me a minute ago can I finish tomorrow??I say why yes hun and on your way home can you pick up little miss from school?He says why yes and thank you..LOL..Ok I say "On your mark,,,Get Set,,,Go!!!!"Lets see who is finished first..;HEHE!!! "Merry Christmas all!!" :lol:
Sheikea

Postby Laura » Dec 17, 2008 9:52 pm

Thanks TB and Ven for your tips and suggestions you are a great help.Along with the info from BBQ I think I shall put together a great basket for my b&sil.
Laura

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence