Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

WHOOPIE! I got SNOW!

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: WHOOPIE! I got SNOW!

Postby Smitty » Dec 19, 2008 10:50 am

howdy Liz aka Mare's Taunte .
hope you're enjoying your snow! we haven't had any new snow to speak of for weeks now. to GD cold to snow here!!
thought maybe I could give you a smile if'n you saw the wee man in the packed down old snow?? sorry no white muzzles or snowballs firmly afixed between toes or underbelly but he's hopin soon...and so am I actually(yes I said that :o )...pay no heed to the weewee's in the corner...sometimes he will actually do this duty outside and that is why I want the new snow :)
misc pics 003.JPG
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 19, 2008 1:45 pm

TA Smitty! He's a treat...and actually piddling outside too! I had forgotten about yellow snow! What a perky little face he has got...is he a play-puppy?

So far, the snow here is still fresh and white...hardly any pollution to mess it up, and the back lane hasn't been ploughed/sanded so fresh white snow out there too...we are to get much much more this weekend...I'm actually not too sure how I feel about that, it sure is hard on the wild birds.

Omigosh, I just looked out the window and up at the overhang roof...there are three icicles! I can't believe it...I have snow, and icicles too...and I THINK I spelled icicles right for a change too!

Minus 11 here...white everywhere...would somebody please tell me where I am?

Hugs to you, dear Smitty!
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Smitty » Dec 19, 2008 4:59 pm

he is definitely a play puppy. wish I could show you how he flips a bone or one of his toys around the house chasing it everywhere. there are times when Rat has had enough of his antics and looks at me as if to say...'and why exactly did you bring this home??'

smitty hoping you don't get too much snow...you know what they say about too much of a good thing :)
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby MareE » Dec 19, 2008 5:26 pm

Sorry about screwing up Miss Molly's name and ID with Kiley's, dearest of all Tantes. It will happen again. I apologize in advance for the next time this embarrassment occurs.

Niece;o} wondering where the snow angels went to
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 19, 2008 5:33 pm

Niece, I am leaving snow angels up to you young flibbertigibbets...when I geddown, I stay down for too long, apparently.

You are of course forgiven for mixing up my puppies, and in advance, as well...never fear! If that's the worst thing you do, heck, do your worst!

Pansy, I didn't have a bone-flipper, I used to have a good hard KONG ball flinger...cats were totally dismayed by this antic...dogs were delighted with it.

Actually, I am kind of looking forward to Sunday's snowfall...likely will be the most exciting thing to happen to me this year. Just as long as it goes away right after NY's...I like watching for crocuses on Jan 2nd (not that I get any then, but I can at least watch for them!)
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence