Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

It has started to snow - -

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: It has started to snow - -

Postby Grannygardener » Dec 19, 2008 12:09 pm

One never stops being a mom. I worry just as much about my kids now as when they were young and living at home.Then the situation runs 2-fold because they add grandchildren to the equation.My youngest is driving up from Toronto in a few days and I'll be sweating bullets until she's in the door. Another of my daughters left this morning for Toronto to pick up her daughter and do some Christmas shopping.Warned her that she was heading into a storm but was poo-hooed with the old "aw ma we're from the north, we can deal with a bit of snow." I'm waiting for the call that tells me they arrived safe and sound with a slow drive through the area between Parry Sound and Barrie because you're always sure to hit snow squalls through there in winter. Edie
I've spent most of my time in the garden,the rest I've wasted. Edie Zone4A, Ont.
Grannygardener

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 19, 2008 12:10 pm

Here are a couple shots out the front door a few minutes ago.

19-01.JPG

19-02.JPG
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby Eeyore » Dec 19, 2008 12:11 pm

Jazz, you just know she'll go into labour on Sunday! :roll: :roll:

Butterfly, I bought several pairs of cheap scissors at the $$$ store and I keep one pair in the box where I keep all the ribbons and tags. I keep 2 rolls of scotch tape and a pen in there as well.

That's Christmas Card Purty Ron!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Venice » Dec 19, 2008 1:09 pm

OMG the snow is really coming down. We went to a job this morning and I was covered just unloading the car, even my jeans were wet. It's crazy.

We came home early, and I took Giz for a quick romp. He was ok at first and having fun then turned around and wanted back in, I couldn't keep up so let go of the leash and he ran down the sidwalk, up the drive, into the garage and was waiting for us by the door ehehhehe. He was really running fast hahahaha. He even had his coat on but doesn't like it falling on him. Once it's on the ground he's ok. I turned the fireplace on and he's a nicely roasted pug now, so no worries eheh.

Ven
Venice

Postby Laura » Dec 19, 2008 1:17 pm

Ron,you live in a winter wonderland . . just beautiful.

We are getting snow tomorrow,nice and bright here today but very cold -15 with wind chill -27.I am enjoying the sunshine from inside . . . went for walkies with Sarah and came home at about 3/4 of our usual route,both of us had cold feet . . . laf.
Laura

Postby MareE » Dec 19, 2008 1:32 pm

Hey, what's this talk about Toronto and Montreal being centres of the Universe? Plotlands©bb/Community Gardens is the centre of the Universe. Situated within 10-minute drive from Buttonville Airport, report not on any maps today. hmmmpff

But I suspect it's a wee snowy over there.

Editing in that it's grand to hear of walkies with dawgs, Ven and Laura and everyone else who does this for pooches delighting in the Snow.

Mare;o}
Last edited by MareE on Dec 19, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby kelly_m » Dec 19, 2008 1:35 pm

LOL!! They are you know!!

Just checked...they finally issued a storm warning for our area at 10:39am......snow and blowing snow....DUH!!!! Just look out your window!!! Still not as bad as TO and this is just normal for our area!!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 19, 2008 1:55 pm

Drive safely if you must be driving, all of you Centre of the Universe people...I'm thinking best thoughts for y'all thru this...hope you'll return the favour this weekend if the monster on the radar hits me/us.

Niece, get out there and walk the dog, honey-chile! Remember Jack the Lad is low slung...do you walk ahead of him and flatten the snow so he doesn't freeze his willie?

(Giz, how come we get coats that protect our BACKS instead of our underneaths? Enquiring dogs want to know. Signed: Cordy)
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Venice » Dec 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Dats a gud ? Cordy. Iz almost froze mez bits off!!!!!

Giz
Venice

Postby jazz » Dec 19, 2008 2:02 pm

Yup Lyn Im thinking same thing. They are about 15 min from hospital. Ideally if Isaac would decide to leave the warm heat of mamas belly she should go into labour during the nt of sat. so that she would be in hospital sunday morning and miss this huge storm which is supposed to hit sunday noon.

Wishful thinking I know, but i am so worried about that storm. They are so so so nervous. I can just imagine Jonathan saying s.....this call the ambulance ,the cops lol. jazz
jazz

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Garden Fence