Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

It has started to snow - -

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: It has started to snow - -

Postby butterfly » Dec 19, 2008 2:07 pm

Lyn

I had 2 pair from the $$$ store, They are just as good as any but both are gone, where?? I dodn't know.

I was warpping Tues on the kitchen room table but they aren't there now.

Tore this place apart looking for them, But I am 20 min away from the $$ store and we are into a blizzard so I will get some from the little store up the road if I can see where I am going.

It is at a calm now but it kicks up white outs now and then,

5 inches came down since I got up at 8 am. I didn't sleep well last nite so got up and made 2 doz bran blueberry muffins at 3 am

Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby bluewillow » Dec 19, 2008 4:05 pm

We are being hit hard .... and ttwo more storms to follow. Winds and drifting don't help either.

BF, I have my 2 pairs of scissors from the dollar store and they are great for most things. Terrible weather to venture out in.

bw
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 19, 2008 4:36 pm

BF, I can be working in the shop & loose a tool without moving from the spot I was standing. :oops:
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby bridgit On 5b » Dec 19, 2008 5:03 pm

The snow just ended here (about 35min east of London) and it started around 6:30am. The sun is out and bright now. I called in at work and said I wouldn't make it. I only live 15 min away but its getting out of my subdivision thats the problem. I made an attempt and got stuck twice. Our road probably won't get plowed until later tonight. I am sure that they are upset at work with the typical "woman" driver comments floating around. It had been dead there and we aren't typically busy this close to christmas time anyway.
bridgit On 5b

Postby OGrubber » Dec 19, 2008 5:44 pm

Me, reporting from Lake Effect Central.
It's been snowing with blizzard like conditions [read, goodly winds!] since before dawn this morning.
Accumulations of over 10 cm in the sheltered areas, and drifting in the 35-40 cm ranges.
Drive has been blown twice today [NOT by me - YAY!] and you'd never know it. All North and East windows are snow glazed to the point I dunno why I bother with curtains. Nobuddy's looking in them! laf!!
Hubby is tied to the house so he can find his way back with the furbutts - I bet he tries to wring their duty out of them the sooner to get back in.... Gotta love all those folk who don't mind Winter. [snuffle-snort-LAF!]...woodstove is roarin' and I'm not taking a single step outside.
Market Gardening - Just another day at the plant.
OGrubber

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Jeanne was just heading out for the mail & I said "my gawd, are you on an expedition to the pole". She was dressed for it.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby bluewillow » Dec 19, 2008 5:52 pm

It is indeed a wicked on Inge ..... big drifts. Hope hubby and pups return safely :wink:

bw
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Postby Marsher » Dec 19, 2008 8:31 pm

We left work at 5:10... got home at 5:30..not bad... but got stuch 1 block from Home... walked home.. got the snowblower, neighbour got his as well and we cleared a path one car wide to my driveway and managed to get the car to there... snow was an pretty level 13 Inches deep all along... finally came in from finishing my driveway as well as the elderly lady next dooors drive... Now I am enjoying a good stiff Cubata... why could this not waited until I leave for Cuba on the 28th.....
Located Brantford Ontario Zone 5 B
Marsher

Postby butterfly » Dec 19, 2008 8:37 pm

Ron Evers wrote:BF, I can be working in the shop & loose a tool without moving from the spot I was standing. :oops:

me too, I GET so mad at myself. I dont know what I did with them.

Frustrating, cause I spent so much time looking for them

Grrrr on me
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Eeyore » Dec 20, 2008 12:36 am

Butterfly - next time you get to the $$ store buy yurself anothe 5 pairs and leave them in different places. I figure for a $ I can afford to buy a pair every time I go in. I don't have a clue where things disappear to around here but I hate searching for them so I have my own stash of stuff that only I know where to find them. :P

Ron - hubby does that too. He used to blame it on the kids but the situation didn't improve when the kids moved out.... :roll:

PS - I also buy cheap screw drivers and tape measures.... :?
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Garden Fence