Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Not for the Squeamish!

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: Not for the Squeamish!

Postby jazz » Dec 19, 2008 2:51 pm

I just knew it was a matter of minutes before we would hear from yu. lol. jazz
jazz

Postby B_BQ » Dec 19, 2008 2:55 pm

When my children were small we too only had one bathroom/toilet in the house or apartment. We managed, as everyone does, but another loo at least would have been good!

I am not going to apologize now for having more than two! :wink: Very very useful when there are guests staying. The two powder rooms make it very convenient when people come over for a visit.

I have no objection to pink - but not in all the hallways, living room, dining room, bathroom, bedroom. The carpets were probably very nice too at one time, but after 15 years they had lost whatever lustre they may have had when they were installed.

If its affordable, then I would certainly recommend changing an existing toilet for a 'comfort height'.

~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby ourderek » Dec 19, 2008 3:11 pm

:roll: :o This time of year a visit to the outside "john," around these parts, lasting any more than three minutes can be considered an act of heroism and looked upon as beyond the call of duty. One would never allow any part of their body to touch the seat, no matter how high or low it was situated.
Ourderek
"Never before in the field of human conflict....
...have lawyers been so darned expensive"
ourderek

Postby MareE » Dec 19, 2008 4:02 pm

Guv, you're guffawful! LOL I know diddly about toilet heights, just please let me get to one in time. Indoors or outdoors and preferably seat not sealed with plastic wrap. laffs

Unsigned who's never been a fan of pink, meepmeeper!;o}

~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby skwij » Dec 19, 2008 10:21 pm

Thanks for the warning, Mum! Wouldn't want to be "surprised" by the unexpected height ;)
skwij

Postby DonnaZn2SK » Dec 20, 2008 1:53 am

Looks good Brenda. Did you get it installed? I won't let my husband dismantle a toilet without having at least one working one in the house. He has been known to take his sweet time when doing home improvements! We finished the downstairs bathroom ourselves and I bought a fancy Toto brand toilet (over $500). It is a low flush, one-piece toilet. Low flush toilets are good in theory, but this toilet requires a second flush quite frequently...so what is the point of having the smaller tank? Also, it plugs up far more easily than the two 13L ones we have upstairs.
DonnaZn2SK

Postby B_BQ » Dec 20, 2008 8:28 am

Donna:
We had these installed and the old ones taken away - that sort of thing is not my DH's forte!
Yes, these are all low-flush toilets. The one we put in 3 years ago is very good,only needing the occasional second flush! But even two flushes use less water than one flush of the old ones! Toto and Kohler sound familiar names!
We're on a septic system, (but city water), so the less water that goes into the septic the better, and the less water we use the cheaper the water bill!
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby OGrubber » Dec 20, 2008 8:52 am

Very nice, Brenda.
We will be looking to replace our toilette in the near future, I expect. I've darn near scrubbed the finish off the bowl getting the hardwater stains off.

MareE.. laf! That wrap has just about been my undoing at times.
Market Gardening - Just another day at the plant.
OGrubber

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence