Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Supper Dec. 19

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Supper Dec. 19

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 19, 2008 7:16 pm

Shredded pork with pineapple & plum sauce.
Attachments
19-05.JPG
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Re: Supper Dec. 19

Postby B_BQ » Dec 19, 2008 8:00 pm

Pulled Pork with a difference! Mmmmm! Was it good?

We had leftover pulled pork, and I did some big fat sweet potato and regular potato oven fries to go with it! Far too much food, but it was good.

IMG_1296.JPG

Ron: I had to find something to add a bit more moisture to the leftover pulled pork. I opened up one of these. From Costco. Make a note of it!!!!! :lol:

~BBQ
Attachments
IMG_1295.JPG
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 19, 2008 8:11 pm

Those both look good! I especially like pulled pork....but that sauce looks a tad too hot for my taste. I usually go for chipotle sauces. But for pulled pork, I prefer a sweet BBQ sauce.
Gee, two good cooks for the price of one here! - how lucky are we?

My DH has been cooking us frozen dinners since I fell into a black hole, about a week ago. I think I'll just have to pull myself out of this....he doesn't know even a tidbit about how to cook. He pours soy sauce on everything: noodles with chicken, canned soup. I am sick and tired of soy sauce!....maybe there is method to his madness; he's trying to stimulate my taste buds out of depression....hoho. Good trick eh?
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 19, 2008 8:41 pm

Brenda, we are not members of Costco, I do not see that we would save given the membership fee.

However, you may like to try this sauce from Price Chopper. :wink:

19-07.JPG

19-06.JPG
Ron.

Ron Evers

Postby bridgit On 5b » Dec 19, 2008 8:47 pm

I LOVE the Tony Roma sauce from Costco. It is the best hot sauce for chicken wings. My whole family (even the kids) love food with a bit of a kick so the big bottles don't really last that long.
bridgit On 5b

Postby B_BQ » Dec 19, 2008 8:53 pm

We do save money by shopping at Costco, even though there are only two of us. We also provide a membership for our daughter, and she and a friend go down once a month and split the cost.
Having said that, I do have a rough idea of the prices, and certainly some of the prices at Costco are not a saving; for instance I buy San Marzano type canned tomatoes at 'No Frills' much cheaper than regular canned tomatoes at Costco. Costo charges over a $1 per can, and I buy at 'No Frills for 88 cents.
We do buy books, and they're certainly much cheaper at Costco, as are flowers.
Tony Romas is a BBQ chain in the US. They make really good ribs and chicken, and it was for this reason that we bought the sauce! It is good, and, I think, was a very good price! It would be great for hot wings and BBQ chicken.
Your Mexican Hot Sauce is probably very similar.
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Venice » Dec 19, 2008 9:10 pm

Hahaha I have both Hot sauces. The one Ron has is definitely more of a Mexican style. Hubby loves the Tony Roma's hot sauce, but it's hard to find, not all of them carry it. We even asked at Tony Roma's restaurant in Mississauga, but they said they don't carry it, it's a US thing, but they've been asked about it because so many people have bought it at Costco.

I also like Franks Buffalo sauce on chicken wings and sandwiches.

Ven
Venice

Postby earwig » Dec 19, 2008 9:18 pm

Ron, you wondered why the manager of Price Choppers gave you some cookies.

Most likely because he lurks here and really appreciates all the free advertising you give him.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 19, 2008 11:19 pm

earwig wrote:Ron, you wondered why the manager of Price Choppers gave you some cookies.

Most likely because he lurks here and really appreciates all the free advertising you give him.

Laf Betty, Sobies, IGA, Foodland & Price Chopper are all the same company.
Ron.

Ron Evers

Postby ourderek » Dec 20, 2008 9:59 am

Ron said......."Laf Betty, Sobies, IGA, Foodland & Price Chopper are all the same company."
If this is so Ron,why did the IGA in Haliburton, recently become Foodland, when they "are all the same company?"
Ourderek (@-22) :roll:
"Never before in the field of human conflict....
...have lawyers been so darned expensive"
ourderek

Next

Return to Over the Garden Fence