Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Supper Dec. 19

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: Supper Dec. 19

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 20, 2008 10:24 am

Beats me Derek, some IGAs were changed to Sobies & others to Foodland. I think it was smaller or older stores that converted to Foodland. We have an IGA in Tottenham still & the one in Beeton became Foodland both fliers are the same except for the name at the top.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Re: Supper Dec. 19

Postby Grannygardener » Dec 20, 2008 11:56 am

The difference might be a slightly different quality, a different variety of brand names . When the new Super Store took over the Independent Grocery here, although they're still basically the same chain, the quality of their fruits and veggies went down, and they handle a lot more pre-packaged, seasoned cuts of meat. Otherwise they're also a much bigger store and of course now have furniture, clothing etc.But the big change in my eye was the quality of the fresh foods. Edie
I've spent most of my time in the garden,the rest I've wasted. Edie Zone4A, Ont.
Grannygardener

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence