Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

He's Been Working Too Hard . . .

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

He's Been Working Too Hard . . .

Postby Laura » Dec 19, 2008 9:19 pm

Brian came home from the shop and asked what we were doing tonight,I said we had nothing planned.

So he says "Good,I am going to have a nap after supper and then WE will go shopping,Walmart is open all night and I want to go have a look around".

The man has been working to hard I tell ya,I don't like shopping and he knows it.So here we all are Sarah is curled up asleep on my lap,I am visiting with you all on the forum and B is napping . . . and I am dreading the time when he wakes up.
Laura

Re: He's Been Working Too Hard . . .

Postby B_BQ » Dec 19, 2008 11:47 pm

Oh dear Laura! What is there to say! Too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Eeyore » Dec 20, 2008 12:14 am

UGH! I hate shopping..... at Wal-Mart! I don't mind browsing in boutiques, especially when it is quiet but I hate Wally World.
The things we do for our menfolk.... :roll:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby earwig » Dec 20, 2008 7:38 am

Oh, how miserable of him. I hate shopping and avoid larger stores if at all possible.

The other day I went to Zeller's as there was something on sale I wanted. I asked a question about the merchandize I was buying at the check out, and I was told: “I just work here, I don't answer questions"

I was a bit taken back at her response but then asked her if there was someone that could answer questions. That was another question but she did answer with "I don't know"

I laughed all the way to the car and headed downtown to shop at a local owned business. There, questions got answered, price tags were removed on gifts, and fragile things got wrapped individually in tissue before packing. I had to pay more, but somehow, I didn't really mind.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Laura » Dec 20, 2008 7:50 am

Well I survived . . we did pick up a few things.There were more workers in there than customers and they were busy like bees re-stocking shelves and cleaning.What a hub-bub.

Funny thing though . . . nearly every cart had just regular stuff in them,bathroom tissue,dog food,bread and the like . . . I thought we'd at least see some frantic shoppers running amuk but no . . . although we did see a couple men in there that looked as though they were in a little bit of a panic.I was lucky B didn't like the store much so we were only there about a half hour . . . Yay !!
Laura

Postby OGrubber » Dec 20, 2008 9:14 am

Well done, Laura!
I hate the jostling and cramped aisles in big stores - and the deliberate unorganized way they stock shelves - you know buy a pencil and have to wander over twelve aisles to find the erasers, sort of thing.

Has anyone ever noticed how other shoppers from aisles away hone in on you, the minute you stop to look at something? Its almost as though you have found exactly what they were looking for.

Betty, that was one rude check-out person.
Market Gardening - Just another day at the plant.
OGrubber

Postby B_BQ » Dec 20, 2008 9:35 am

Betty:

That would be a funny story if it was not so awfully true!
I would be tempted to copy and paste what you wrote into an email to Zellers, (or Hudson Bay Company), now owned by which US company?

~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 20, 2008 11:09 am

[quote="OGrubber"]Has anyone ever noticed how other shoppers from aisles away hone in on you, the minute you stop to look at something? Its almost as though you have found exactly what they were looking for./quote]

This is so funny, but somehow true for me too. I think so many people are burned out from trying to think up good gifts, they might even pay someone to come up with good gift ideas for them. {{Lightbulb idea?}
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby joan w » Dec 20, 2008 11:27 am

(or Hudson Bay Company), now owned by which US company

Isn't that the truth Brenda. Right now I'm confused about the new Metro grocers. I understood that A&P was bought out but there name appears on the flyers. Who Knows?????
Image Image
joan w

Postby earwig » Dec 20, 2008 11:31 am

Glad you survived Laura, I bet this week it will be busier. That is why they are so busy stocking the shelves.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Return to Over the Garden Fence