Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Jeanne is up early today.

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Jeanne is up early today.

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 20, 2008 8:50 am

The grandsons are coming (if the roads are cleared) today to help her set up & decorate the tree. This will be the third year I think.

She says I have to blow the driveway so they can get in but it is cold out there, -17°C. Dog I hate the cold. Oh, I will have to rake the snow off the carport roof as well. :cry:
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Re: Jeanne is up early today.

Postby OGrubber » Dec 20, 2008 8:58 am

That's sweet. And after they are done helping Jeanne, please send them here to decorate our tree. There will be cookies and hot chocolate afterwards for them.

....and after YOU are done blowing your drive, please..... laf!
Market Gardening - Just another day at the plant.
OGrubber

Postby Eeyore » Dec 20, 2008 12:44 pm

-17? That's down right balmy Ron. :roll: -29 at the moment. Hihs expected to be -22 today... yeah right!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby joan w » Dec 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Fresh air is good for you Ron. I think it's a wonderful idea to have the kids help with the decorating - makes them feel a part of the festivities.
Happy Holidays.
Image Image
joan w

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 20, 2008 2:15 pm

My hubby did our entire circular driveway (took two hours) plus all the paths to the birdfeeders, half the deck. I did the other half (gosh I get off easy...). Now, after lunch, which I made, ahem....I'm not just a pretty face around here... he's having a much-needed nap.
Seeing how tired he looks, I feel for ya, Ron. But we're do for another blast tomorrow, so it's easier if you get it done before it gets doubly deep, right?
....maybe you could have your nap first, before going out, hehe.
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby evepet » Dec 20, 2008 3:03 pm

That's a lovely tradition that you and Jeanne have started with your grandkids. I'm sure for many, many Christmases to come, they'll remember going to help Grandma & Grandpa trim their tree. It's things like that, special moments shared with family, past and present, that really make Christmas special and heartwarming.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.' W.C. Fields
evepet

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 20, 2008 3:11 pm

I got the driveway passable & had to quit as my fingers were throbbing from the cold. Went out again later & got the snow off the carport. The snow I hauled down is as high as the trunk of my car.
Attachments
20-03.JPG
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Return to Over the Garden Fence