Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Can vs US womens soccer

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Can vs US womens soccer

Postby Marsher » Aug 06, 2012 7:19 pm

What an amazing effort put forth by Cdn Women's Soccer team... trading goals with the top ranked US team....
Located Brantford Ontario Zone 5 B
Marsher

Re: Can vs US womens soccer

Postby B_BQ » Aug 06, 2012 7:34 pm

I watched a little bit of it. What a great effort. They coulda shoulda won. Still think the USA are better at the mind games though.
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Jersm » Aug 06, 2012 11:22 pm

it was an amazing game i watched it all then the ref decided to mess up the entire match.

first saying the goalie held the ball too long so a free kick. then the ball happens to hit a blocker and the ref sais she stopped the ball with her hand. you could tell the canadian player did everything she could to avoid it.

imo the ref messed up the entire game and basically handed it to USA i dont know how the USA players would even be happy they got a goal on 2 free kicks in a row.

I still am giving the finger at that ref i hope she got fired.
Jersm

Postby Heidi S » Aug 07, 2012 1:40 am

Hubby and I were working outside on some fixups around the place, but our son was glued to the tv and running up to give us updates - he was so bummed about the end result though.

Not that I expect objective refereeing at the Olympics, but there seem to have been quite a variety of problems at this particular version....
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Postby Countryboy » Aug 07, 2012 7:22 am

Ya... we'll be talking about that game for a long time up here, I suppose. If there's comments on it here in a gardening forum, u can guess what it's like in the Political and News forums! :roll: lol

Me??? I have no comment that hasn't already been said elsewhere. So I'll shut up and go out to my garden for some 'dirt therapy'... :|
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby B_BQ » Aug 07, 2012 8:15 am

It's about time there was a body of 'impartial' referees and/or judges who can instantly watch a replay of a disputed incident and make a decision in far less time than it takes for any player or athlete or coach to argue with the referee.
It's certainly improved the judging and refereeing in tennis. So many big points, matches, sets, were being won or lost on an incorrect linesman or referee call. It's not happening now and the refs and linespeople have to be honest.
That's certainly what I expect, no matter the game or performance, and it disgusts me to see the dishonesty still in judging. Treat a dishonest judge the same way as a dishonest athlete. Throw them out of the game.
Remember the ice skating/dancing fiasco a few years ago? Oh my!
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Jersm » Aug 07, 2012 11:57 am

i fully agree they should impriove the refing/judging like they did with tennis or hockey. bein able to argue that the ref didn't get the best point of view or made a misstake.

i mean 4 years of training down the drain for a canadian country beacause of a out of shape idiot ref who made rediculous calls.

the teams should be able to get a replacement ref even... yousee better refing in a local soccer game(football)
Jersm

Postby bluewillow » Aug 07, 2012 4:55 pm

I too am very upset with the outcome. Think the video should be reviewed. Surely the game wasn't 'fixed'.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Postby Countryboy » Aug 08, 2012 7:39 am

And Boxing! :x

The Brit was given three warnings for holding his opponents head down. By the rules, three warnings for the same reason should result in a loss of points. 'Cept the ref didn't deduct any points. *The match was so close that even a one point deduction would have given the match to the Canadian.*

When the Canadian team challenged the results their challenge was denied. No reason given for the denial.

I don't believe that either ref was paid for their favours. But let's not forget that a few years ago, Skating judges were being bought.
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Return to Over the Garden Fence