Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Supper 22 Aug

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Supper 22 Aug

Postby B_BQ » Aug 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Apart from the reno work still going on in the garage it was a nice day!

Supper started off with boneless skinless chicken breasts and evolved to a chicken/rice mixture with an assortment of peppers and toms from the garden, carrots, peas, onions, hot sauce and soy sauce!

It was tasty but spicy!

~BBQ

In the Pot:
IMG_2831.jpeg

On the Plate:
IMG_2832.jpeg
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Re: Supper 22 Aug

Postby hotsummerone » Aug 22, 2012 9:57 pm

It is very beautiful,and I like it,how did you do it?
hotsummerone

Postby Eeyore » Aug 22, 2012 10:50 pm

That looks great Brenda! I have little ambition to cook these days. :roll:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Katherine » Aug 22, 2012 11:27 pm

BBQ that looks absolutely amazing. Colorful, delicious!!! We have very similar tastes in food I have to say.

I have to show you guys this dish, ha ha ha. I was in Kelowna this past weekend and went into Urban Fare, a new store in town, and spied this black spagetti. (colored with Squid ink if you are wondering. Dont ask, i have no idea). I thought it would turn grey, but it kept its color. I had some roma tomatoes which I skinned, diced and rendered down with basil and pepper. (mashed them a bit). And I had two breasts of chicken and a chorizo sausage. These I diced large, and then i have this baking dish thing I do. I stick the dish in the oven, let it get super hot, knob of butter, let that brown a minute, then toss the chicken and chorizo in there. About 5 minutes later I put a tablespoon or two of some kind of salad dressing on. This time it was creamy garlic parmesan. Tosss, bake another 10 minutes. So 3 minute pasta, then the chicknchorizo, and its juices, then tomato sauce, then a few bits of a soft cheeze on top, confession: brie... and some pecans. Served with a green salad and some garlic bread. This was sliced into 1/3 vs 2/3, one side for me, the other for the DH. Fun to look at and tasty.

black-spagetti_MG_3152.jpg
Katherine

Postby orchidguy » Aug 23, 2012 12:00 am

Both look great ladies.

Only had rendang and lumpia tonight, with a big cup of teh halia (sp???) . All very quick and easy. Posted pics of these in the past, so no need to see another shot of the same food over and over again.

BTW Brenda,got the asafoetida in last week and am just waiting for the black cardomom pods (they sent green instead) and will have the curry done (hopefully) within the next few weeks.
orchidguy

Postby B_BQ » Aug 23, 2012 7:20 am

Thanks guys.

This was a 'bit of this and a bit of that' kind of meal, but there was nothing that went in that was not tasty to start with! It's a good way to use up leftover rice, and the seasonings are whatever you feel like! We prefer bold flavours. I think the Thai chili I picked from the garden must have been a tad spicy though!

Hi Dan. Nice to 'see' you. I think I have some dried asafoetida and even black cardamoms somewhere in the back of the spice cupboard. I haven't used either for a long time.

Kat: We went through a stage when we would eat the 'black' pasta, and also the other 'flavoured' pastas, i.e. basil, tomato. It looks nice visually but I'm not sure whether the taste is changed.

~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Return to Over the Garden Fence