Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

I'm back too!

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: I'm back too!

Postby Countryboy » Aug 31, 2012 8:10 am

I live in a small resort town North of Toronto. No Quisnos around here. So, looking at all the TV commercials, I've wanted to try one... for a couple of years.

Had to drive abt a thousand kilometers to get there but it was a real treat. Thanx for that Maritime hospitality, Joy! :)
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby Johnjohnjohnjohn » Aug 31, 2012 10:27 am

nice.
Johnjohnjohnjohn

Postby agedgardener2 » Aug 31, 2012 11:21 am

I'm glad you liked Quisnos.It's one of two fast foods I will eat.Once again I'm on antibiotics for sinusitis and bronchitis...the fifth time this year.Hope my bad example encourages you to give up the evil weed so you won't spend your golden years taking antibiotics and gasping for breath Frank ! Sermon ended .Joy
agedgardener2

Postby Eeyore » Aug 31, 2012 12:40 pm

Oooh boy Joy. I think your doc needs to figure out what is causing all these infections. It sounds like you have some kind of AB resistant bacteria happening or maybe an allergy that is knocking out your immune system.

BTW, Frank, Joy was well enough to cook for us when we were there. :twisted: I'm sure you had an enjoyable visit despite that. I know we did and Fredericton is a beautiful little city. DD and I walked a good part of it.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Dumbo » Aug 31, 2012 12:48 pm

agedgardener2 wrote:can offer a glass or two or three of my home made brew

agedgardener2 wrote:Hope my bad example encourages you to give up the evil weed

I keep saying to myself, what kind of party did i miss!

Moonshine, weed, and munchies at Quisnos!

Eeyore wrote:some kind of AB resistant bacteria

Could also be a gram-negative bacteria she has and the doc is giving her wrong med's. Happened to me once. Lasted for months and months. Gone in a week after the right antibiotics.
The internet is a very, very, serious entity created solely for commercial gains.
Canadian Gardening made me a hardcore separatist
Dumbo

Postby agedgardener2 » Aug 31, 2012 7:48 pm

Dumbo......The beverage of choice I am serving at the moment is Amaroni...hardly moonshine.!Google it and find out about it.
I have many allergies...my immune system is compromised.I do get better between the episodes of illness but my mind still thinks I'm 29 and I overdo it.This episode was caused by three afternoons of shopping and another party.I stayed up till midnight.Too bad the memory card wasn't in my camera.I even sat by the fire.It was a Decades Party that celebrated members of the family who hit 40years 50yrs and 60yrs this year.I've said before that my Acadian DIL loves to entertain and does it very well. So there you are.I have a very good doctor and wouldn't think of doubting his treatments.I think he does very well in spite of me.My BP was 118/50. and my heart is beating as it should... not bad for 83...and I still wear size 12. Joy
agedgardener2

Postby Eeyore » Aug 31, 2012 9:12 pm

Ah! Ha! So you are your own worst enemy eh Joy? :wink: Reminds me of the old joke...

I recently picked a new primary care physician. After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing "fairly well" for my age.

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, "Do you think I'll live to be 83?"

He asked, "Well, do you drink wine or party 'til midnight?" "Oh no", I replied, "I've never done either."

Then he asked, "Do you eat grilled steaks and/or BBQ ribs? I said, "No, I've heard that "red meats" aren't very healthy!"

Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like gardening?" he asked.

"No I don't," I said.

He said, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or fool around with sex?"

"No,"I said, "I've never done any of those things."

He looked at me slowly, hesitated for a moment, then said, Then why in the heck do you want to live to be 83?"
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby agedgardener2 » Aug 31, 2012 9:35 pm

I'm glad you understand Lynne.Joy
agedgardener2

Postby kelly_m » Sep 01, 2012 4:15 pm

hahaha! love it Lyn!

don't worry, Joy......I had almost a week of being up past mdinight and it nearly killed me!!! LOL
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence