Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Big Smile, A Topic For You On Your Special Day

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: Big Smile, A Topic For You On Your Special Day

Postby Big Smile » Sep 01, 2012 6:27 pm

Thanks so much for all the Birthday Wishes, BW, Kelly, Brenda and Thanks for the beautiful flower Neng. So good to see you!!

Oh yes, Marc, I need that Eye Exam Card :-)
Big Smile

Postby Dumbo » Sep 01, 2012 6:44 pm

Big Smile wrote:Now I'm back to the kitchen!!

Atta girl.
Now if only my wife could accept her fate like you have.... :lol:

I mean... poor you! Cooking on your birthday! I hope you have a bottle of wine at least to help you.

B_BQ wrote:Her moniker is Kootenayscotswoman

I looked into it... I see this...
viewtopic.php?p=180975

OGrubber is a Chookiebuttfeatherpuller? I want pictures. She will never live this down with me. Chookiebuttfeatherpuller, HEH. :mrgreen:

B_BQ wrote:One of her hobbies is bellydancing!!

I'm trying to behave here. You aren't helping things along... Is she cute? Maybe she can be wife #6 in my future harem to be!
The internet is a very, very, serious entity created solely for commercial gains.
Canadian Gardening made me a hardcore separatist
Dumbo

Postby kelly_m » Sep 01, 2012 7:31 pm

Oh...wow!!! Great searching, Marc!

i forgot I was keeper of the Nickshunary........I wonder if it canbe resurrected! LOL

Wonder what names Marc would go by......lol
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby neng_perea » Sep 01, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm always checking out what's going on in the forums, but more recently, the summer has forced me to go check the forums without posting replies. I've been working more, and I need to recover my garden. However, I've had 4 instances of front yard in bloom signs. The garden has too much weeds right now, and I need to get on it! Maybe some other day I'd get the chance to post more pictures of my plants, however, I've just came back from BC! We had a great week off, and an amazing journey and experience!

It's nice to say hello to everyone, and I've missed all you guys and miss the forums as well!
neng_perea

Postby Dumbo » Sep 01, 2012 9:06 pm

So umm, what did Big Smile end up cooking?

Get any Bday presents?

kelly_m wrote:Wonder what names Marc would go by......lol

All nice things. Not one bad name. Nay words nay quarrel (or something like that) ¬¿¬

BTW, has anyone else noticed Dave, Donna and Ron are quiet? Don't mean to start a rumour, but....
The internet is a very, very, serious entity created solely for commercial gains.
Dumbo

Postby kelly_m » Sep 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Oh ya....i can think of nothing but nice name for you....

Maybe DaRonna are enjoying the lack of Blue moon....
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby davefrombc » Sep 01, 2012 9:36 pm

Marc is soooooo good at not starting rumours.
I've been checking in here off and on as I've been off stirring the pot and rattling the chains of some off the wall right wing Republicans in another forum I'm in.
Now the weather has cooled some, but remains sunny, I've been taking my dog for some walks to visit neighbours and just generally walk.. He wants the exercise , and I need it . I gave a neighbour a couple of seedling coffee plants and a sucker off my bay tree.
I'll let Kelly and the gals give Dumbo his other nicks. Just remember ladies .. Thias is a family forum ... go easy on him. You gotta remember he has been messing around with some strange chemicals from time to time .
With that , I hope Big Smile has been having nothing but big smiles to go with her Happy Birthday !

We had a fantastic Blue Moon here . cloudless sky and just cool enough to enjoy going for a walk last night with only the moon to light the road.
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby kelly_m » Sep 01, 2012 9:43 pm

And I know farmers who have been working late into the night getting the hay off by the light of the moon this week!

Was beautiful moon watching here too
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby davefrombc » Sep 01, 2012 9:52 pm

If the weatherman co-operates farmers here should get a 4th haying this year .. We do need a bit of rain to boost growth right now though .. then a dry spell in the beginning of October .
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby Dumbo » Sep 01, 2012 9:54 pm

kelly_m wrote: I know farmers who have been working late into the night getting the hay off by the light of the moon this week!

kelly_m wrote:I had almost a week of being up past mdinight and it nearly killed me!!!

Well now....
At least we now know your body parts still function. Anything else you wish to tell us? "getting the hay off"... Must be an English Ontario expression... :shock:

BTW, did Big Smile ever tell us how old she is today? Or is it a secret like Kelly's weight? ;)

Edited.
Dumbo

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Garden Fence