Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Where to buy a Water Wiggler & Bird Question

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: Where to buy a Water Wiggler & Bird Question

Postby Big Smile » Sep 11, 2012 7:54 am

kelly_m wrote:Oh! I know the store!! Forgot about it...the one by the mill.....

No Kelly, its not by the mill. Its on main street a block or 2 past the mill if you are coming from Elmira.
Big Smile

Postby kelly_m » Sep 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Whats the one by the mill....with the brown porch??? That one has a lot of gardening nature stuff in it too./.....

Doesn't matter now! Jenn found her Wiggler! LOL

Incidentally....across from the mill is the old market, now Quarry....a web marketing type company....I have a friend who works there....before that he worked for TransCon...which is the company that owns this site! Just a wee bit o'useless trivia! :roll:
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Big Smile » Sep 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Big Smile wrote:
HeelsDown wrote:And, the winner is....Clara! Good call on that store. We were in town on Saturday at the market, and I thought to check the thread to see if anyone had replied with some ideas so we weren't far from St. Jacob's anyhow. Found the store, which the name already escapes me -

Congrats Jenn for finding a Water Wigler. Glad I could help!
Clara
Big Smile

Postby Big Smile » Sep 11, 2012 10:19 pm

kelly_m wrote:Whats the one by the mill....with the brown porch??? That one has a lot of gardening nature stuff in it too./.....
Kelly I'm not sure whats by the Mill. We are going down to Kitchener tomorrow, will have to swing by St.Jacobs and check it out.
Doesn't matter now! Jenn found her Wiggler! LOL

Incidentally....across from the mill is the old market, now Quarry....a web marketing type company....I have a friend who works there....before that he worked for TransCon...which is the company that owns this site! Just a wee bit o'useless trivia! :roll:
Big Smile

Postby kelly_m » Sep 11, 2012 11:50 pm

The place I am thinking of may not be exactly next door...all I know is it has dark wood and a porch! LOL
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby HeelsDown » Sep 12, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanks Clara! It's a hit with the birds, especially the different kinds of finches. I will try to take a pic this weekend for everyone!

The store did have a brown wood porch, but a few blocks from the mill. Had a train track that goes around by the front entrance and then outside...very neat things inside! Artistic Garden maybe is the name?

Quarry...I saw it too - is that the same company that used to be on King/Allen in Waterloo?

:)
Jenn
HeelsDown

Postby Big Smile » Sep 12, 2012 9:28 pm

HeelsDown wrote:Thanks Clara! It's a hit with the birds, especially the different kinds of finches. I will try to take a pic this weekend for everyone!

It Must be fun to watch the birds. I sure enjoy our Hummers!!
The store did have a brown wood porch, but a few blocks from the mill. Had a train track that goes around by the front entrance and then outside...very neat things inside! Artistic Garden maybe is the name?

]We didn't get to St Jacobs today ( not enough time) but I do remember the porch and the train. That was so neat:-)
Clara

?

:)
Jenn
Big Smile

Postby kelly_m » Sep 13, 2012 12:44 pm

LOL! Okay....you guys are all right!!

I guess maybe it was down from the mill! But definitely the place! some really neat stuff in there!

Jenn, Not sure where exactly inj Waterloo Quarry was but it was there! Moved to St. Jacobs about 3 years ago? My friend started working there at the time of the move. Really neat inside...all the rooms are named for a scientist or inventor....they have a `playroom`in the lunch room and a BBQ on the lunch patio! LOL They took the building right down to it's original when they reno'd it
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence