Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Last years Downy

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Last years Downy

Postby MLady » Sep 20, 2012 5:46 pm

These photos were taken in Caledonia during the winter of last year.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Kathy
Attachments
DSC09848.JPG
DSC09842.JPG
MLady

Re: Last years Downy

Postby Katherine » Sep 20, 2012 7:13 pm

These are lovely. I miss seeing the photographs of plants and birds and etc., thanks for posting.

Were is everybody? What happened to Liz, where is MareE? I see Inge and Bluebird very infrequently. Also Laura seems to be gone. WHY is this?? That is what I would like to know.
Katherine

Postby B_BQ » Sep 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Katherine wrote:Were is everybody? What happened to Liz, where is MareE? I see Inge and Bluebird very infrequently. Also Laura seems to be gone. WHY is this?? That is what I would like to know.

I started a thread 'MIA' a while ago asking the same thing!!!

I think Laura must be having computer problems. She's never been absent for this long. It's several weeks now.
Liz tells me that she is taking a break, a long one, and may not be back at all.
It's lovely to see Bluebird popping back in occasionally. She's certainly missed.
MareE has a lot on her plate, and doesn't have any time to play. Hope she comes back one of these days.

I agree that the Forum is not like it used to be. It was always very lively with lots of contributors, and the OTGF was always busy with what people were doing other than gardening.

~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Countryboy » Sep 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Good pictures! Thanx... :)

I've probably looked them up dozens of times in the bird book 'coz I can never remember if the Hairy is the big one . . . or the Downy.

Now I'm gonna haf'ta look it up again. :( lol
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby bluebird » Sep 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Beauties Kath! Nicely done!

Frank..Downy's the little one. 8)

Kat, yes. Lots of folks MIA for sure...hmm :roll: :idea: :?: Miss seeing your gorgeous landscape pics! Maybe during the long winter months ahead we can catchup eh?
bluebird

Postby Katherine » Sep 22, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks BB, my issue is my ipad doesnt allow me to post on this site. If I want to post photos, I have to use my desktop or laptop. So I lurk. BUT yeah, I have a tonne of photos to post, and when I am finished my field season and the snow is on the ground maybe you and I and Kathy and Laura and alla the gang, if they come back, can tag team, and get as many peeps as possible to post photos. Its always fun to see other peoples photographs on here.

BTW Frank, I always remember Hairies vs Downies by remebering BIG AND HAIRY, SMALL N'DOWNY. Works for me, lol! And the downies really ARE tiny. That helps a lot, being different in actual size. Some bird common names are just counter intuitive.

Kat
Katherine

Postby bluebird » Sep 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Sounds like a plan Kat! It's still a pretty busy time of year right now for most gardeners I'm sure.
Last edited by bluebird on Sep 22, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluebird

Postby Northpine » Sep 22, 2012 2:08 pm

Katherine wrote:
BTW Frank, I always remember Hairies vs Downies by remebering BIG AND HAIRY, SMALL N'DOWNY. Works for me, lol! And the downies really ARE tiny. That helps a lot, being different in actual size. Some bird common names are just counter intuitive.

Kat

Thanks for that Katherine,
I hope I can remember that next time I see one, or the other.
Marie
Zone 1b, Northern MB
One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. ~W.E. Johns, The Passing Show
Northpine

Postby Countryboy » Sep 22, 2012 5:29 pm

Oh, that's excellent, K! Big 'n Hairy!! :)

Now THAT I can remember... ;) lol
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby MLady » Sep 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. *S*

Today I just put our gardens to sleep and hopefully found a new home for a couple of butterfly bushes that nature thought that I needed. *LOL* The only thing I need to do is move some plants closer to the back of the main garden.
We don't get a lot of birds in the area of the city we moved to, so I keep a close eye out for butterflies, moths and bees. *S*

Cheers Everyone!
Kathy
Cheers,
Kathy
MLady

Return to Over the Garden Fence