Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Cardinal Dad & his kids

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: Cardinal Dad & his kids

Postby kelly_m » Oct 11, 2012 9:47 am

I am too.....though I think it will be your pics I am looking at!! LOL

K
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Smitty » Oct 15, 2012 6:03 am

kelly_m wrote:I am too.....though I think it will be your pics I am looking at!! LOL

K

me tooo!!! but they will definitely be Carsy's
great capture Carsy!
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Katherine » Oct 15, 2012 11:54 am

I missed Carols comment back on this.... I think you are right, birds do get irritated. I have fallen reluctantly heir to a Senegal Parrot, despite my forbidding it, my daughter brought this bird in, she was working for a native bird rescue, was 17 and naturally thought she knew everything. (dont know where she got THAT from)...

Now 5 years later I am stuck with him, he is my constant every day companion. He has a budgie for a buddy. Ive watched these guys on a daily basis, now. They DO get irritated, grumpy, tired, fed up. They also have a sense of humor (esp the Senegal), have fun, are wicked little cheats, etc etc. They live in a very large flight cage in my office and occassionally fly around the room like zooming pooping kamakazes.

So when I see three HUGE osprey chicks all stomping on the mom who is just trying to get a few winks, and the look in her eye as she looks askance at the brood, I have to laugh.

While we raise our kids from little to adults and put up with no end of STUFF, (another S word comes to mind), and then finally we are DONE (Lyn? yeah?) ...birds go through this every YEAR in their short (and in the case of Senegal parrots) not so short lives. I dont know how they do it.

Love the photos Carol. Keep em comin'

Kat

PS I oppose breeding of captive birds btw. in a big way. AND I dont think pet stores should be allowed to sell birds to 16 - 17 year olds.
Katherine

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence