Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Happy Halloween!

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Happy Halloween!

Postby Heidi S » Oct 31, 2012 9:46 pm

I still can't resist making a jack 'o lantern! My son is 19+ and gone off to work, but I still had to do a pumpkin and get ready for the kids.

1st little toddler was wailing away when I opened the door as she had dropped something on the ground. She was still grizzling when I handed her some goodies and asked her if this would help? Tone changed to a little tiny voice saying 'ok'. With prompting from Mama, I got a 'peas and tanku' too. I love the little ones!

Halloween Jack 2012.jpg
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Re: Happy Halloween!

Postby Northpine » Oct 31, 2012 11:25 pm

The weather played a nasty trick on the kids this year. Minus 13 with the wind chill was too much for me. I usually have fun doing a pumpkin and putting together a creature of some kind, but it was just too cold to bother. The few kids that were out seemed to be enjoying themselves though.
Marie
Zone 1b, Northern MB
One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. ~W.E. Johns, The Passing Show
Northpine

Postby Heidi S » Nov 01, 2012 12:03 am

Oh, it is -9 and periodic freezing rain - not too many kids today, but the neighbourhood community centre had the fireworks on time - we didn't go though. I love fireworks, but not in freezing rain!
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Postby Northpine » Nov 01, 2012 12:26 am

Oh yes, I forgot you had snow. Ours disappeared with yesterday's rain.
I also forgot to say I liked your pumpkin!
Marie
Zone 1b, Northern MB
One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. ~W.E. Johns, The Passing Show
Northpine

Postby B_BQ » Nov 01, 2012 7:21 pm

I've never been much of a fan of Hallowe'en, but usually make a bit of an effort for the kiddies who come for candies.
This year we were torn between staying home and running away! We stayed, and I got some candies in.
What a fizzle it was this year. Normally, in our little area, there are about 24, which has been constant for about 7 years now. We got ..... 4!
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Return to Over the Garden Fence