Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Dearest Lizzy.....

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Dearest Lizzy.....

Postby kelly_m » Nov 04, 2012 6:12 pm

HI!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Re: Dearest Lizzy.....

Postby Lizcordysmum » Nov 04, 2012 6:37 pm

Hello kelly_m.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby bluewillow » Nov 04, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi Lizzy! So good to see you.

sheila/bw
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Postby Lizcordysmum » Nov 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi Blue... really great to see you again, too!
Cordy's Mum, Liz

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby lindamct2010 » Nov 04, 2012 9:44 pm

OKEY DOKEY! I have a head cold and OH MY nice to see my Lizziemoosiefoot and BlueWillow! Yikes.....we could be good for the bus this year, right MMMMare? Finally made it back and where oh where did my Fictionary Gal go?Hi kelly_m
lindamct2010

Postby Heidi S » Nov 04, 2012 11:52 pm

Hi Lizzy - great to see you back with us again! We've missed you!
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Postby Lizcordysmum » Nov 05, 2012 5:33 pm

Good Morning, Lindamct 4, and Heidi too!

Good to see you both, and had a divil of a time getting on here this afternoon...very very slow to load and open.

Beautiful sunshiney day here...yesterday's storm blew away all the misery until tonight/tomorrow...and they forecast SNOW and now have removed it from our expectations. What a slap in the face!

View from my computer room window no longer is huge climbing Queen Elizabeth rose (enormous hips) but instead it is lovely lovely dark green holly LOADED with bright red berries...and isn't that a dainty dish to set before a King?

Liz
Cordy's Mum, Liz

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby agedgardener2 » Nov 05, 2012 9:03 pm

So glad to see your posts.I really missed you.In fact I haven't bothered to post much since you stopped posting.In truth I really haven't had much to post about.Life isn't very exciting.Keep posting.I have a Holly loaded with berries too...quite unusual in our zone4b. Joy.
agedgardener2

Postby Lizcordysmum » Nov 05, 2012 11:08 pm

Hello Joy!

Life isn't exciting for you? I wish you wuz here.

Since I am getting old and spavined, I treated me to a lovely 2nd hand mobility scooter and my natural ebullience caused me to treat it like Silver, or Trigger!

I got it so I could take Lily for scooties and not come whining home (some folks find this tiresome...shame on them!)

So the first time we set out, Lily and me...oh sure was SO good, PERFECTION! We have a problem with no ramps leading onto/offa sidewalks here in the Townsite, and being SOOOO clever I roared up a grassy incline. Sadly, right into a very big Laurel bush where I proceeded to laugh like a hyena.

Lily pretended she wasn't with me. I spit out Laurel leaves and we continued, safely, home.

Takes a lot to daunt ME...next time...(we only go on sunny days, this IS the Wet Coast)

Realizing the only way I can get onto a sidewalk without a ramp is to go up someone's driveway, I aimed for one, and let 'er rip.

Lil did not understand the directional changes, zipped here, there, tangled her long lead and harness around a back wheel, and was choking and gasping with her wee head pressed tightly against the wheel.

Well I flew off that sucker in a FLASH, down on hands and knees...gotta save my doggie!

A Mommy driving by with kiddies in the car, slammed on the brakes, leapt to rescue the poor old white haired senior citizen down on her hands and knees on a public sidewalk.

Joy, you will be relieved to know I WAS wearing clean underpants!

I did manage to unfasten Lily, and perched her up on the scooter seat whilst the lovely mommy and I tried to free up the wheel...to no avail.

I hoisted Lil in my arms and carried her home...not that far, but holy moley, far enough.

Himself went racing down to the rescue...rode home in style...pointed out to me that the scooter has a MANUAL brake once the key is turned off, and easy-peasy to free the long long long leash.

Today, finally, good weather again, and Lil and I headed off....we had a successful trip...she got a ride on the scooter again (she LOVES the scooter) and I did NOT have another mishap...I am very glad because I was beginning to feel jinxed (or just plain stupid???)

Anyhow, that's me for excitement, done and dusted!

Liz
Cordy's Mum, Liz

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby agedgardener2 » Nov 06, 2012 8:05 pm

Well Liz that sounds like real fun.I mentioned a scouter but the kids think I'd drive it like I drove my Firebird in the 70's.....like you drive your scouter! I didn't have any mishaps but I did like speed.
I'm trying not to watch the US election results ......not yet.
I had an exciting day today.. had my hair cut and waxing at a new spot. Thor my usual hairdresser is sick and in Hospital.
Been doing some on line shopping.Cramps in the footsies and legs at night after I do a Mall Crawl.Learning how to get free shipping and stuff.I still like nice clothes,if I can't be useful I try to be ornamental.
We are beginning to have a taste winter so I won't yen for a scouter.The cold air leaves me short of breath.....happy for my puffer.
Willow is not going out as much,,,he is getting old too. The 7fish in the pond survived last winter and the Raccoon this summer.
It looks like Obama is away ahead so goodnight for now.
Joy
agedgardener2

Next

Return to Over the Garden Fence