Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

7 November

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

7 November

Postby B_BQ » Nov 07, 2012 8:30 pm

It was a lovely day here today. Cool but sunny. I did have to spend the morning in the office, but this afternoon I worked in the garden, cutting my honeysuckle way back, doing some raking, (thank you Celebrex), and also managed to get the mower started and quickly went over the back lawn. The grass was really too long to leave for the winter.

Not a spectacular sunet, but I thought his pre-sunset was pretty:
IMG_3209.jpeg

Yesterday i made big batch of Fire-roasted tomato sauce and served it with boneless, skinless, chicken breasts over Orzo pasta. There was a lot of sauce left over so I roasted a pork tenderloin, finished it off in the sauce, and cooked a little more Orzo:
IMG_3212.jpg

We've been very busy since we got back from our England trip, so I was gobsmacked when my husband told me today that he's booked a week in Antigua at the end of this month as a surprise. My first thought was, oh no! But after thinking about it I thought - this is just what I need; a week under the Caribbean sun, doing absolutely nothing other than reading, swimming, and sunbathing! Bliss!

I decided I'd better do a bit of Christmas shopping, so I let my fingers go walking on the Net and got a few things ordered!

I'm a little bit excited! lol lol

~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Re: 7 November

Postby Lizcordysmum » Nov 07, 2012 9:00 pm

I would bet you are a whole lot excited!

How very lovely for you.

Hope it was a splendid trip back to merry olde.

Liz
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Return to Over the Garden Fence