Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Christmas....2012

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Christmas....2012

Postby agedgardener2 » Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm

The tree is the same and a picture of this years poinsettia.The family were starting the outside decorations today.I had a hard time staying inside....I so wanted to be a part of it but I had to hold my tongue...they needed my artistic experience to do the job well !!!LOL I did get my tree up and the coffee table decorated.I really miss the mess and fun of decorating and making decorations that were part of Christmas past. Don't get me wrong....It's nice to sit back and let the younger generation do all the work.Joy
Attachments
christmas 2012 004.JPG
christmas 2012 002.JPG
agedgardener2

Re: Christmas....2012

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 09, 2012 8:44 pm

They look LOVELY, Joy! so lovely with the soft warm lamplight.

I do hear what you are saying, only I do not have to be right in there giving directions...I confess to tweaking what I can reach to tweak, but mostly I'm glad Husb. can still do so I have brightness out THERE to look out on.

As for indoor decorating...I'm not there yet. Today, I found an old Christmas' gift for the dogs...three chewy bones, like candy canes, tied together....Cordy got his, and got diarrhea, Molly got hers and LILY took it, and gave Husb. a hard time for trying to take it away from her...he won...and she got banished upstairs again with me...where she crapped on the living room rug because her daddy was mad at her...and she got HER own candy cane bone (before I saw the rug mess) And chewed it up all over my rug and I had to get down on hands and knees and clean up THAT mess too. Lily managed to get onto my bed and has slept flat out for two hours.

I forgot to feed the wild birds till it was almost getting dark, so I'm ashamed of myself. I was out there calling "Seeds! Seeds!" and fortunately, they waited for me...there will be full little tummies tonight, thank God.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Laura » Dec 10, 2012 7:35 am

Very pretty Joy !!

I love to decorate but with my balance being so bad I cannot.Hubby puts up the tree but has no desire to hang anything else or have lights outside.Last year because Sarah was recovering from surgery on December 14th,we didn't even have a tree.

This year Brian has been working very hard at the shop and is too tired to do much when he gets home so I am not mentioning anything about tree or christmas or decorating or gifts ... the man deserves a break.If we don't have anything done it won't matter very much I guess .... there is just us.

..... we shall see what happenes ....
Laura

Postby agedgardener2 » Dec 10, 2012 10:09 am

Hi Laura and Liz There have been years when I didn't put up a tree.The sky didn't fall.I've spent three Christmases in the hospital...the last time with a rotten Gall Bladder.My son had made Eggs Benedictine for breakfast.I had two servings and I'm sure six came up!! I haven't fancied eggs since.Giving yourself permission to omit the tree and some of the Christmas trappings can be like a weight off your shoulders .Enjoy the special music on TV.Beautiful boys' choirs from England ...Celtic Women etc.Get some Clementines and chocolates .....sit back and relax Love Joy
agedgardener2

Postby Laura » Dec 10, 2012 12:18 pm

Oh Joy ... you are right.I don't sweat the small stuff.I just go with the flow.I have my hubby and my Sarah who will be happy if we just go for walkies in the park.We are blessed and we know it.

We will have chicken bones,one of our favorite treats and a bit of dark chocolate for me,milk chocolate for hubby.I am enjoying all the christmas movies on tv .... and yes I watch every sappy one ... lol.We will also go to the concert at church,always a great show and christmas eve service.These are a few of the things I enjoy the best.
Laura

Postby agedgardener2 » Dec 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Just thought I'd post a few more pictures of my Christmas decorations.My DIL brought up my box of decorations from the basement so I picked out a few things to make my apartment look more seasonal.You also see a picture of me and my family 'way back when.I didn't use a walker then.....a69 Firebird was the conveyance of choice! Joy
Attachments
mousie band table 002.JPG
christmas table 003.JPG
christmas table 001.JPG
agedgardener2

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 17, 2012 4:13 pm

Pretty collections, Joy! and a pretty table too! (Love your tree!)

We went to Safeway on Saturday...I bought a Christmas Tree! A 3 1/2 ft Norfolk Pine...it's on the table and Hamish is determined to be a decoration.

As I said elsewhere, it snowed here last night...a lot of folks left their outdoor Christmas lights on all night...Perfection!
Cordy's Mum, Liz

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby agedgardener2 » Dec 17, 2012 5:16 pm

So happy for you that Santa brought you an early gift SNOW.....I think we will have a storm soon.My arthritic hands and the Redpolls are sending a message.Joy
Attachments
002.JPG
agedgardener2

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 17, 2012 5:34 pm

sorry to hear about Arthur, Joy. Is a misery.

I will swap you your Redpolls for some of my sparrows...some be fancier than others!
Cordy's Mum, Liz

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby agedgardener2 » Dec 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Liz ,the Redpolls only appear before a storm.....freeloaders ....who gorge and then fly away.The sparrows come every day here.I wish I knew which one they are. Joy
agedgardener2

Next

Return to Over the Garden Fence