Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

P&S digi camera deciding

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

P&S digi camera deciding

Postby bluewillow » Dec 24, 2012 3:58 pm

I've been pondering re. the replacement of my old point & shoot, Canon. The monitor is extremely small for one thing.

I have close to 4,000 Air Mile points and thinking of cashing in for a good, simple, point and shoot Canon camera. Video option isn't of interest to me.

I've been reviewing the Canon ELPH 110 HS, 320 HS and 520 HS. and having difficulty deciding. I do not understand specs but would so appreciate some feedback from any of our members. As well I am not a tech person so decision making is difficult.

A busy time for most of us but hoping that after Christmas I will have a few suggestions.

Thanks for your time. No rush!

Merry Christmas!

http://www.airmiles.ca
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Re: P&S digi camera deciding

Postby davefrombc » Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm

Since I have never used any of those models you mentioned, my best advice would be to go to a camera shop and have a look at those cameras.. Get the salesperson to go through the features with you..Hopefully they will have ones that are active so you can try them for "fit and feel" . Make a list of what you want in a camera , and take that with you so you can compare features with wants.
No amount of telling you what we like in a camera will help you in your choice. I suspect any newer camera will have all the features you want; it will boil down to what feels best for you , and the price.
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Re: P&S digi camera deciding

Postby bluewillow » Dec 24, 2012 5:08 pm

Thank you Dave.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Return to Over the Garden Fence