Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Unexpected Christmas presents!

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Unexpected Christmas presents!

Postby fernleaf » Dec 27, 2012 11:14 am

Well, I got up in the dark on Christmas morning and made my way into the kitchen to turn on the light. I felt something under my foot and as I turned on the light and looked down much to my surprise there were two dead mice lined up in a row right at the spot where the hallway enters the kitchen door. Quite the unexpected Christmas present from my three cats. It made me laugh that they were lined up right where I couldn't miss them. I suppose if there had been more mice they would also have been added to the row. How very thoughtful of them to get me presents (which I really could have done without). The mice hang around gleaning sunflower seeds from under bird feeders and somehow manage to find a spot to enter the house. Big mistake for them (although they are cute little critters and it does sadden me to see that this is their fate). Wonder if they will get me anything for my birthday :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me: I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." Albert Camus
fernleaf

Re: Unexpected Christmas presents!

Postby B_BQ » Dec 27, 2012 11:33 am

What thoughtful cats you have! :lol: Hilarious!
I might very well have had a heart attack if I almost stepped on dead mice, even if they were lined up beautifully as a present! :shock:
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 27, 2012 4:11 pm

How thoughtful of them!

Now you can look forward to every occasion...I hope you showed the cats how pleased you were with their prowess!
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Laura » Dec 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Ewwwww .... dead mice,lined up or not,would give me the willies .... funny how cats like to show off their catches and brag ... lol.
Laura

Postby Heidi S » Dec 28, 2012 1:30 am

Look Mom! See what we did just for you? Aren't you proud of us?
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Return to Over the Garden Fence