Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Leftovers Tonight.

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Leftovers Tonight.

Postby agedgardener2 » Dec 27, 2012 7:11 pm

I didn't cook Christmas Dinner .My son and DIL cook prime rib and our neighbors always bring over a turkey to share for dinner. We sat down to 20 people.There was a fun table for the young fellas. The neighbor ,Harry knows I love turkey so he left some for me to enjoy...and enjoy it I did...and enough for tomorrow night too.Grilled turkey with cranberry orange dressing.I could eat it every night for a week! Joy
Attachments
001.JPG
agedgardener2

Re: Leftovers Tonight.

Postby Laura » Dec 27, 2012 7:30 pm

No left overs here .... wish I had a nice neighbor who shared like yours .... I too love turkey.
Laura

Postby B_BQ » Dec 27, 2012 8:22 pm

Turkey is well liked here too, but I have to say I'm glad that tonight we ate the last of the leftovers! This morning, after removing the rest of the meat, I made a nice stock with the bones, and then with that stock I made a hearty rustic turkey soup, with nice chunks of carrots, celery, potatoes and onion. We had a bowl for lunch. It was great. So, that's it until Thanksgiving!
Now, if only I could exist on just lettuce leaves for the next few days ..... !!!! I feel like an overstuffed turkey myself!
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Heidi S » Dec 28, 2012 1:29 am

Since we are at the Coast visiting family this Christmas, our leftover quotient has been negligible. However, next week, when we are at home (if our parents can cope without me), I will be making a turkey just for us, and especially for the turkey sandwiches!

My guys are turkey sandwich crazy, and they have been pouting since Christmas Day because we don't have any here at Mom-in-law's place. Ok, guys, I get it - I will make a turkey just to satisfy the need - you just have to wait until I get home and get shopping!
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Return to Over the Garden Fence