Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Supper Tonight

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Supper Tonight

Postby B_BQ » Dec 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Some of us are in awe of Dan's, (orchidguy) obvious talents not only in his garden but in the kitchen too.

Dan very kindly sent me a sample of some 'curry' paste he made this year. He goes to the trouble of getting his spices from overseas far and wide. A very generous container arrived just before Christmas.

Tonight I was able to finally try it! I used it exactly as per his instructions so that I would get a good idea of just what it tasted like. I used chicken breast, onion, red and green peppers, mushrooms, green onions, coconut milk and a little chicken stock. I added Udon noodles and some finely chopped cilantro for the last couple of minutes. It was out of this world delicious! :lol:

Thanks Dan - fabulous taste!

~BBQ
IMG_3369.jpg
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Re: Supper Tonight

Postby Laura » Dec 29, 2012 9:44 pm

Looks delish .... I had a bowl of steamed brocolli with a small sprinkle of old cheddar .... yummy.
Laura

Postby orchidguy » Dec 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Very happy you've enjoyed it Brenda, and the meal looks delicious. We had nasi goreng, all the "stragglers" from Christmas love it and since it is one of the easiest meals to make, that's what we had
orchidguy

Postby Katherine » Dec 30, 2012 2:37 pm

That looks and sounds lovely. We just got back from Victoria, and had an entire leg of lamb with me that I bought there and never used, so I popped into the local safeway, bought some premade hummous, tsatsiki, pita bread, went home and made souvlaki on the BBQ. A nice light tasty meal for just the two of us after all that heavy stuff and numerous relatives over Christmas.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Kat
Katherine

Postby davefrombc » Dec 30, 2012 3:31 pm

Sounds and looks fabulous to me too !
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Return to Over the Garden Fence