Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

mosquito's

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

mosquito's

Postby Jersm » Aug 20, 2013 11:02 am

hows the mosquito population in your parts?

over here in new brunswick the population has greatly risen and people are blaming it on the disease killing bats.

Its the first year that i cannot go outside without at least getting 1 bite a minute. If i want to mow the lawn i HAVE to put long sleeves and long pants.... right in the middle of summer after lunch.

the mosquito's seem to be starving and are big and attracted to you like a magnet, no fooling around just instantly land and start leeching. its like kamikaze attack its crazy you are too busy slapping exposed skin then to work on the yard.

edit:

just found the main attacker the salt marsh mosquito... of course it happens to be one of the most aggressive.

Jersm

Re: mosquito's

Postby Countryboy » Aug 21, 2013 6:07 pm

We're pretty much blessed here. Mosquitoes in the Spring and up to the end of July... but not much come this time of year.

There's lots of places in Canada I'd love to live for a while... but I'm too scared to move!
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby Tara » Aug 26, 2013 12:05 pm

The mosquitoes have been terrible this year in Southern Ontario due to all the rain in July. Usually they're gone by now, but I was eaten alive last night just sitting outside on my back deck!
Tara
Site Admin

Postby jardinier » Aug 30, 2013 2:27 pm

With the cold time here.... less moskito this year.

Tips: Cedar Tree around your backyard!
Jardinier

My garden projects blog and guides: http://www.diy-garden.com

My garden projects:http://www.canada-gardening.com
jardinier

Return to Over the Garden Fence