Garden Seed Exchange - Gardening Forums

Seeds to share

Forget the seed catalogues. Trading seeds is a great way to expand your garden with new plants, flowers, fruits, vegetables, shrubs, and trees.

Re: Seeds to share

Postby Eeyore » Mar 18, 2009 10:18 am

Jackie - it is still well below freezing here most days so I haven't put them in the mail yet. I'm hoping for a break in the weather very soon. This is getting very depressing!

The SRB's are a vine that grows straight up. I doesn't spread vertically. Mine are planted in a 1/2 barrel and usually reach about 20' or so. For a wire fence what I would suggest is to space them out along the fence and as the tendrils grow feed them vertically along the fence, they will grow upwardsfrom the tip ends. Thay are an annual so leave the beans on the plant until the pods ripen and then collect the beans for next year . :D
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby MrsJP » Mar 18, 2009 7:19 pm

Thanks Lyn. It's still freezing at night here but it is getting above 0 during the days.The snow just isn't melting fast enough for me. I would love to try some SRB if you still have some left.
Jackie
MrsJP

Postby Eeyore » Mar 18, 2009 10:53 pm

I sure do and I'll send those along with the bulbils when I can. The SRB's can be started outside right where you want them to grow.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby neng_perea » Mar 19, 2009 2:33 am

Hello everyone. I had seeds that I want to share is ready for everyone wants poppy and oriental poppies .my poppy are double 4 color pus red ..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
neng_perea

Postby mike in Ottawa » Mar 21, 2009 6:23 pm

I have never grown poppies before but i really like those in your pictures, so if it is possible i would really like to get some
mike in Ottawa

Postby MrsJP » Mar 21, 2009 7:03 pm

Neng_perea I sent you a PM.
Jackie
MrsJP

Postby neng_perea » Mar 22, 2009 12:10 am

Mike,is not possible to sent you seeds sent me a PM and I will mail it to you.Okay.. MrsJP,sent me your PM and I will mail it to you the seeds on Monday.
neng_perea

Postby neng_perea » Mar 22, 2009 10:44 am

Jackie,good morning....my oriental poppy has single flower I had white and orange....The double poppies that I had is not perennial but it grow every year from seeds that dropped on ground....I'm very happy that I can share my poppies seeds to you. ...I had lupin and Sweet william I think is white color not really sure if Sweet william ..Thank you.
neng_perea

Postby mike in Ottawa » Mar 27, 2009 10:53 am

Neng, thankyou seeds arrived safely.
mike in Ottawa

Postby neng_perea » Mar 27, 2009 11:39 am

Your welcome Mike...I'm glad that I can share those seeds to you.I hope it bloom nicer over there .............enjoy . Okay.............. we leaving today my two boys are playing soccer to Calgary their playing for Provincial championship..
neng_perea

PreviousNext

Return to Garden Seed Exchange