Garden Seed Exchange - Gardening Forums

Looking for Miracle Fruit seeds

Forget the seed catalogues. Trading seeds is a great way to expand your garden with new plants, flowers, fruits, vegetables, shrubs, and trees.

Looking for Miracle Fruit seeds

Postby Linda B » Mar 11, 2008 1:11 pm

Does anyone have seeds of the Miracle Fruit plant (Synsepalum dulcificum). If so, I'd be interested to do a seed exchange or buy.

It's a tropical plant (so I plan to grow indoors).

If interested please send me a pm to discuss.

Thanks.

Linda
Linda B

Postby Ceara » Jun 04, 2008 7:21 am

Me too!

Although I read it can take up to 4 years to get a berry producing plant from seed. But it should make a great house plant.

I want one! Sounds amazing.

They have "flavor tripping" parties with it. You eat a berry, which coats your tongue with a protein that will alter the taste of food for up to two hours, making anything acid taste sweet. Straight lemons taste like lemonade, and vinegar tastes like apple juice. That's what I read in the NY Times online. People pay an entry fee, are given a berry, and led to a table full of food items and condiments. Some bartenders are using them in drinks. Berries cost around $2 each. Ouch!

Imagine the benefits... picky child eaters or failing appetite in the elderly. If they could get a flavor punch, they would enjoy food much more.
Ceara

also looking for seeds!

Postby Sbelley » Jul 03, 2008 3:40 pm

I would love to find someone who has seeds as well. I love plants and my husband wont let me keep anything he can't eat! If i can get a miracle fruit tree/bush going AND get it to fruit won't he be so impressed!!!

please please anyone out there I don't have much to trade but I'm willing to pay or barter for some seeds. I'll even cook you dinner!
Sbelley

Where to buy Miracle Fruit in Canada

Postby miracle-berrys.com » Jul 17, 2008 4:43 pm

You may buy the plant itself in Canada by calling(905)895-8663 and(800) 565-2342 or going the website: cassidyflowers dot com
It is the only place in Canada you can buy the plant.
miracle-berrys.com

Miricle Berry plant

Postby Sbelley » Jul 18, 2008 9:49 am

Thanks for the tip, I have my plant on hold now ($50/plant).

They aren't selling their current stock until they perk up from transport (about a week from today) as the long trip to Canada has them pretty stressed out.

Crossing my fingers!
Sbelley

No Luck

Postby Sbelley » Jul 29, 2008 12:30 pm

The plants in the store didn't make it after being shipped. :( maybe the next shipment will survive!

Still crossing my fingers
Sbelley

Re: Miracle Fruit Seeds for sale or exchange

Postby rjfernandez » Jun 07, 2009 3:33 pm

I have miracle fruit seeds for sale at http://www.crseeds.com

Also, I'm willing to exchange Miracle Fruit seeds for interesting seeds like clivias, or bamboo seeds. Any species I don't have.

Also, I will consider any rare species tropical or temperate zone.

Please contact me if interested.

Regards,

Rodrigo Fernandez
rjfernandez

Return to Garden Seed Exchange