Container Gardening - Gardening Forums

Sweet Potatoe Vines...

For inspiration and advice about gardening in pots and planters, gardening indoors and outdoors, from balconies to terraces, and everything in between.

Postby evepet » Apr 30, 2008 10:28 am

Sheikea wrote:Oh I am so glad to see someone else has posted here as well about this sweet potatoe thing.Its always intersting to see what other people have thought to try.My self I am gonna do peas in a container with something behind them to grow up.I have a huge yard but not big enough for just a garden which I would love.Do you thin carrots would go ok in a pot as well?LOL here we go again .. :)
evepet

Postby evepet » Apr 30, 2008 6:07 pm

evepet wrote:
Sheikea wrote:Oh I am so glad to see someone else has posted here as well about this sweet potatoe thing.Its always intersting to see what other people have thought to try.My self I am gonna do peas in a container with something behind them to grow up.I have a huge yard but not big enough for just a garden which I would love.Do you thin carrots would go ok in a pot as well?LOL here we go again .. :)

I'm also growing peas in a 20" round container with a trellis in it. I've got a second container set up in exactly the same way, for beans. I'm growing beets in an oblong rectangular container, and I've got peppers in a round container as well. Also quite a few sweet pea flowers and nasturiums, all grown from seed. They'll go into rectangular planters, suspended from the balcony railings, hopefully with my sweet potatoe vines. LOL. I bought a little 3-shelf moveable greenhouse and it's been very interesting watching everything grow from seeds this year. I've also got some cucumber seedlings raring to go now, but I can already see that I've underestimated how much space they're going to need... I'd forgotten how much they spread out! I'm no expert (as you know - LOL) but I imagine you could grow carrots in a container... maybe a large rectangular one? At least 8" deep, to allow room for the carrot root?? I'm tempted to try that as well - but I've ran out of room!!
evepet

Previous

Return to Container Gardening