Container Gardening - Gardening Forums

soybeans and sugar snap peas in pots

For inspiration and advice about gardening in pots and planters, gardening indoors and outdoors, from balconies to terraces, and everything in between.

soybeans and sugar snap peas in pots

Postby Surly » Jun 06, 2008 1:40 am

will it work? I ordered some from west coast seeds and was thinking of planting them in pots at the base of my rain barrel. The barrel is rather ugly so I thought I would wrap it in chicken wire (or something like that) and let the beans and peas climb it.

wadda ya think?
Surly

Postby Sheikea » Jun 06, 2008 10:00 am

Heck yah why not as long as you have room for good roots you should be ok. :D
Sheikea

Postby Surly » Jun 06, 2008 11:32 am

Yay! I can't wait to get the seeds! I buy frozen soybeans (edamame) from Loblaws but I'd love to be able to just go out back and pick them. They're such a good source of fibre and protein. And sugar snap peas are amazing in stir fries.

I'm so excited about my little garden. My boyfriend gets such a kick out of me...I'm like a little kid out there.
Surly

Postby evepet » Jun 06, 2008 11:34 am

I've got beans growing in a containers very well. Some bush beans that are flowering now... and also have scarlett runner beans growing merrily up a trellis -boy are they fast growers. :) My snow peas didn't turn out so well for some reason. Not sure what the trouble was.
evepet

Postby Surly » Jun 06, 2008 6:45 pm

I've got regular peas in the garden and they're growing like stink. (I love that expression :lol: I may be a city girl on the outside but I'm a redneck at heart)

How deep should the pots be for soybeans and sugar snap peas? Would a foot deep be enuf?
Surly

Return to Container Gardening