Container Gardening - Gardening Forums

help please!

For inspiration and advice about gardening in pots and planters, gardening indoors and outdoors, from balconies to terraces, and everything in between.

help please!

Postby itsajeepthing » Jul 12, 2008 12:58 pm

Greetings!

My wife and I recently moved into our new home from a condo. With a big back deck for lots of container gardening, we've had a lot of fun so far this spring and summer experimenting with various different flowers. This morning we noticed that some of our flowers in our planter boxes are being infested with little bugs. Srry I do not know the name of the flowers, or what kind if bugs these are, but I am looking for some advice to get rid of them, as I assume that they will eventually start harming our flowers. Here area couple of pics, thank you in advance for any advice you all can provide!! :)

edit:
srry i cant post any URLS or pics as a new user, i guess i will have to wait :(
itsajeepthing

Postby Lindamct » Jul 12, 2008 5:40 pm

Seems like it could be earwigs :roll: In my area we have had a lot of rainfall, and they love to come out at night and nibble. Soy sauce with some veggie oil in a low lying dish, attracts them. They get coated in the oil and die, as one of our long time forum members has stated and many have found that it works very well. I do too.....thanks Butterfly for that post way back when. Hope this helps you Itsajeepthing. :)
Lindamct

Return to Container Gardening