Container Gardening - Gardening Forums

I love my pig's hair!

For inspiration and advice about gardening in pots and planters, gardening indoors and outdoors, from balconies to terraces, and everything in between.

I love my pig's hair!

Postby TrailBlaze » Jul 13, 2008 8:17 am

and close-up:

I am just loving the combination of the geranium ivy and the fine bushy grass.

Do you think this will survive in the house in winter? I'm intending to bring it in and nurse it indoors through the snowy season.

I think it would look better with a third plant, maybe a small white rock garden plant that won't get too big, like snow-in-winter; but this is the size pot for the pig's chimney, so I can't go any larger.

Think it would work?
Diane zone 5a
TrailBlaze

Postby TrailBlaze » Jul 13, 2008 9:45 am

I LOVE creeping jenny!...and have a plot of artmesia that I could clip....but wouldn't two more plants overcrowd the pot? or is that ok, as long as I feed and water it frequently....
Diane zone 5a
TrailBlaze

Postby kelly_m » Jul 16, 2008 9:07 am

Depending on the variety of Carex you have there, it may be hardy for you or not...I was surprised to find one of the Carex's I bought as an annual, was actually perrennial in my zone....another one wasn't supposed to be, but survived the winter!!!

The Ivy geranium you can baby through the winter....I have had one (3 or four or five now!!) for about 5 years. Bring it in and treat it like a house plant...cut it back if it gets spindly.

K
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Return to Container Gardening