Container Gardening - Gardening Forums

Here's my balcony in full bloom....

For inspiration and advice about gardening in pots and planters, gardening indoors and outdoors, from balconies to terraces, and everything in between.

Here's my balcony in full bloom....

Postby evepet » Jul 14, 2008 12:38 pm

Just thought I'd share some pictures of how my balcony is looking these days. My goal was to create a lush little garden green spot that I could admire from my LR or on the balcony itself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by evepet on Jul 17, 2008 12:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
evepet

Postby evepet » Jul 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Some more pictures... the first picture below shows the end of the balcony where I've got a shelf (it's actually the shelf from my mini greenhouse) with some plants on it, including my cucumbers on the top shelf. You can see a bare trellis to the right... that's where I'd planted Hyacinth Pole Bean seeds earlier. That didn't go so well. :? so I put Scarlett Runner Beans in there about 2 weeks ago... the vines are now about 1' tall, and soon they'll start up that trellis too. I'm looking forward to having the trellises at both ends of the balcony full of the bean vines. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by evepet on Jul 14, 2008 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evepet

Postby evepet » Jul 14, 2008 1:35 pm

Couldn't resist a few more.. :lol: These are all taken from inside - looking through the window onto the balcony.
evepet

Postby TrailBlaze » Jul 14, 2008 2:03 pm

Lovely, evepet!....it must be so nice to sit out there and ejoy the colors.
Diane zone 5a
TrailBlaze

Postby evepet » Jul 14, 2008 2:44 pm

Daisy wrote:It looks like you have a little garden oasis going on there...very nice... 8) 8)

Thx Daisy. I love it. :) It looks so nice & lush. Cheers me up everytime I look out the window.
evepet

Postby evepet » Jul 14, 2008 2:46 pm

TrailBlaze wrote:Lovely, evepet!....it must be so nice to sit out there and ejoy the colors.

Thx TrailBlaze. I love the colours of the flowers, but even more than that I just love having the greenery around me. And it's so nice to look out the window at all those vines, flowers, etc. I hope I can keep it looking nice through the rest of the summer. :)
evepet

Postby Grannygardener » Jul 14, 2008 5:25 pm

Shows that you can garden anywhere.Good for you. You have as much as or more than a lot of people have in garden plots. The fun is in the challenge. Edie
I've spent most of my time in the garden,the rest I've wasted. Edie Zone4A, Ont.
Grannygardener

Postby evepet » Jul 14, 2008 5:44 pm

Grannygardener wrote:Shows that you can garden anywhere.Good for you. You have as much as or more than a lot of people have in garden plots. The fun is in the challenge. Edie

It was fun planning what to do. :) I'm quite pleased with the results. I was out there watering everything around 8am a week ago, when a couple of people wandered through the driveway beneath my balcony area. They said they purposely walk that way (rather than around the building on the sidewalk) most mornings because they enjoy turning the corner of the building to find the 'surprise' of my green balcony! :D
evepet

Postby (old_user)earwig » Jul 15, 2008 5:30 am

It is beautiful, what a lovely area you have created.
Betty
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. ~Lao Tzu
(old_user)earwig

Next

Return to Container Gardening