Container Gardening - Gardening Forums

The last of my container gardens...

For inspiration and advice about gardening in pots and planters, gardening indoors and outdoors, from balconies to terraces, and everything in between.

Re: The last of my container gardens...

Postby cyd170 » Aug 14, 2008 3:48 pm

Love this garden! I'm always trying to find different things to use for my containers...great idea!
Cyndi
Zone 2b or 3a in a good year!
cyd170

Postby earwig » Aug 16, 2008 6:22 am

Daisy, that is gorgeous. I tried that one year, and my step ladder got blown over so many times, I gave up.

So my question is; do you fastened it in some way? or maybe you don't get the very brisk gusts of winds that I get.

I now have my step ladder fastened to my shed for decoration.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby earwig » Aug 17, 2008 9:27 am

I do get a lot of wind and although I did have things fastened on, I should have had the heavy things on the bottom. I didn't have as many containers as you on it, it had more lighter garden "art". Next year I must give it another try. Thanks
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby isabelbrinck » Aug 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Those look like Sundials... I tried growing them in a planter on my sunny balcony last summer, but they didn't seem to do very well. There weren't enough simultaneous blooms for my liking. I blamed it on the rainy weather at the time but I'm not convinced.
Any tips for growing those well?
Isabel
Montreal, QC
Hardiness Zone 5a
isabelbrinck

Postby Trailblaze1 » Aug 23, 2008 11:39 am

This is so cute! Preciousness! I showed it to my hubby just now, who sits at his computer behind me....and he said: "it's not a ladder, it's a corner table." (what duz he know, huh?)
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Next

Return to Container Gardening