Container Gardening - Gardening Forums

Wicker look planters

For inspiration and advice about gardening in pots and planters, gardening indoors and outdoors, from balconies to terraces, and everything in between.

Wicker look planters

Postby mebbie » Apr 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi everyone. Our Home Hardware put out a spring patio booklet. It shows a set of 3 wicker look
planters for $99.00. That's a great price because these have been very expensive in the past 3-4 years, that much for one. Has anyone had experience with them, as far as how they stand up?
I think they'd be lovely on my front porch
mebbie

Re: Wicker look planters

Postby Lulu » Apr 23, 2011 10:37 pm

They look pretty nice, but they do not give the size of them. The fact that they are "resin", will keep them looking good for a long time, and they should not rot.

I bought some that were made in Indonesia, of something that looked like large straw or palm fronds. Maybe because they were a real fiber, not resin, the bottoms rotted out of them, the second year. They were lined with plastic, and the inside pots were sitting on bricks, so, that should not have happened. I got them for really, really cheap, so, was not real upset,,and still use them,,bottoms or not!

Here's a picture of some of the larger ones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lulu

Postby Eeyore » Apr 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Those are nice planters Lulu. I'd use them too.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby mebbie » Apr 23, 2011 11:05 pm

Thanks for replying Lulu. My that is a lovely outdoor room. It would be hard to put down a glass and a book and go gardening...LOL :)
These are not as large and have tin liners that go only part way down inside.
mebbie

Postby Lulu » Apr 23, 2011 11:47 pm

Thanks, Mebbie,,we love it, and use it as much as possible. I've actually had an afternoon snooze in there, without being bothered by bugs! Even though the curtains are only on three sides,,,for whatever reason, it somehow keeps the bugs out!

I think you'll be happy with the planters, especially that they have tin liners in them. I love the look of that resin wicker; got a nice new resin wicker armchair last year @ Lowe's closeout sale that's going in the gazebo this year. Also got a new patio table, with the resin wicker legs & trim,,with smoked glass. Now looking for chairs to match,,but,,big, big $$$,,so,,will watch for the clearance sales.

I love summer!
Lulu

Return to Container Gardening