Container Gardening - Gardening Forums

Creative recycling

For inspiration and advice about gardening in pots and planters, gardening indoors and outdoors, from balconies to terraces, and everything in between.

Creative recycling

Postby junegladwish » Jun 28, 2011 11:09 am

IMG_1362.JPG
Here is a terrific example of what you can do to help keep something out of our garbage dumps.

Take a look at the picture. The plants are not what are important, but the planter is.

I took a "retired" pool filter, took the bottom half, removed the ring and painted the whole thing with an eggplant coloured paint. Of course, I drilled holes in the bottom for drainage. It made one lovely, large planter for the front of our house. It never hurts to think outside of the box. Enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
junegladwish

Re: Creative recycling

Postby Eeyore » Jun 28, 2011 11:28 am

Welcome to the forums June! What an awesome first posting and that is a fantastic looking planter. Great idea. A lot of folks on here like to use recycled objects in their gardens.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Northpine » Jun 28, 2011 3:16 pm

I have no idea what a pool filter looks like in its original state, but I really like how you recycled it. It looks great. The planting is very creative also.
Marie
Zone 1b, Northern MB
One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. ~W.E. Johns, The Passing Show
Northpine

Postby earwig » Jun 30, 2011 7:55 am

Very nice, love the colour and the plants look terrific as well. So many things can be recycled with a bit of creativity and a dab of this or that.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Return to Container Gardening